News Stephan Hawking Declares There is No God

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Sep 26, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i clicked on the link. didnt see shit flying off the walls. didnt see anything. except a picture from 100 yards thru nvgs.

i dunno, why you think video may be relevant. ask yourself with the thousands of alien and bigfoot sightings and exorcisms, we cant seem to get any decent video. no one can find their polaroids anymore. hard to find a good camera.

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Hey look, man, I don't know what your reaction would be to a kid walking backwards up a wall but for me, I wouldn't whip out my phone. I would get the hell out of that house. But that's just me....

3. flabengal

My only other comment is there were eyewitnesses who all confirmed the events.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You wouldn't call 911?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah but just think how often exorcisms happen. surely of the millions of cell phones one person worldwide would have the walking backwards up the wall kid or something better. just think if only one percent caught something on legit video with our 100 megapixel phone cameras, we would have a 24/7 channel of reality exorcisms. that Id watch.

or switch to the miracle channel every now and then. because we cant get video of those either oddly enough.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Next on TMZ.......

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can believe anything you read if you wish. If you are trying to convince anybody else, it will take more than than a tabloid story.

We can see many eyewitness reports and ZERO solid evidence. Are they photos? Videos? None given. The medical records mostly state that the family suffered from delusions and possible psychological stress. Also, we see an excess of religiosity in their daily lives that could have fed this belief in demons. A credulous priest didn’t help by encouraging the belief and performing an exorcism.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are not helping yourself here.

9. flabengal

Look, this is getting stupid. I suppose you are going to tell me that the police, social workers and priest were all suffering from delusion and psychological stress.

Eyewitness reports are admissable evidence. Period.

If you want to see videos get on youtube and type in "video of exorcism". Plenty of videos are available. I will not link it though. I don't want to inject such a negative vibe into this discussion. This thread seems to have taken a bad turn.

I don't see us making much progress here.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  10. flabengal

The comment regarding the Bible and Christ was in reference to me being naive. It would mean the majority of those individuals who helped form Western Civilization were naive.

My last comment on this thread is that this discussion was enlightening regarding the Galileo episode. Since then I don't see what the point is. I am not going to exchange a bunch of childish insults on an internet forum.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014