Spring Football Stuff

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Mar 18, 2021.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

That offense was 2 years ago. CEH was a 1st round draft pick.

"Fine" doesn't win championships.

https://www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/rushing

1,270 yards rushing total for a season, worst in Decades of LSU football. 5-5 season, the same.

Perple likes this.
  2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, I’d argue CEH was a superstar. Dude caught 55 passes as a RB! I do agree you don’t need a superstar, of course, but everyone wants one.

tzanghi, Perple and kcal like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No RB would looked good last year.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

CEH was a superstar for us in that system but not a superstar nationally. With Burrow and all the other superstars such as Chase and Jefferson and the surrounding cast he was helped. CEH was perfect for us in 2019. Also remember Clemson won a title with Travis Etienne once who was not a superstar. Yes better to have one but with the offense we run now we don't need a superstar.

Lastly how do we know we don't have a great back in waiting. No one knew CEH was going to produce like he did in 2019.

5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

CEH was a 4 star, #10 player in LA. Look at #10..count da Stars Kiki...

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=LA

You hate Dirty Les, everyone knows that. Funny because you stand up for a wife beater & woman beater in general, with restraining orders issued against him years ago & new stuff you with soon need to defend.

How did Dirty Les ruin Founettes ankle? Thought I saw him winning a SuperBowl just recently? Another 1st round draft pick. Picked much higher that CEH. "Ruined"...too funny! He owns almost LSU's single season rushing records at LSU. 1,953 in 1 season is the record. O didn't know how to properly use him at all, and that starts with him getting into a fight with an opposing teams coach. Should have been sent back to the locker room that game. But O is "Forgiving" when he needs a player, isn't he?

Tell me about Guice & Drake Davis...why O not reporting da rapes?

Kiner might be a good RB behind TDP, good size, but a 'lil slow at 4.67 40 time. But he does seem to posses size & power. Goodwin is short & no real offers from Bama or Aubie & he's from Alabama. Special teams maybe. 5 star Junior John Emery has been mediocre at best.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Perple likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Yep, was well on his way to NFL RoY running before gettin hurt.

MobileBengal likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See...the grumpy old troll doing work! Just shitting on everything as usual

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

CEH didn't make one All America team although he should have been on at least one of the three teams. CEH WAS NOT A SUPERSTAR. He was a perfect back for our offense. You knock Kiner for being slow yet CEH was also slow. Superstar RB'S are first team all Americans and either win the Heisman or high in the running CEH was neither. CEH was my favorite player in 2019 but not the best back in college football. BTW CEH had only ONE other SEC offer coming out of high school Miss St. No offers from even lowly Vandy, Ole Miss or Ark. With all that said he was our best back in 2019 and the most productive back in the SEC.

As far as Les I never hated the man at all just got tired of his stupid ass stubbornness. You my friend are the hater here. Oh hey O did win a NC BTW.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Winston1 likes this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Your favorite player is CEH, you say, but you sang da praises of Burrow much, much louder. Then in 3 different posts, you trashed CEH, saying he was a 3 star (which you were proven wrong about) with no offers & not the best RB in 2019. Your definition for Superstar is way out of alignment. You put too much stock in high school & post season lists. 1st team All-SEC, you missed. You posted all the teams you believe did not offer CEH. Is that your love shining thru again for CEH?

I just have 1 question. Which RB was only RB taken in the NFL Draft 1st Round in 2020?

Where are your 5 stars & All-American "Superstars" RBs? (Check the later NFL Draft rounds..)

My "knock" on Corey Kiner was that he ran slow but seems to posses size & power, and might be a good RB behind TDP this year. Is that a negative thing in your opinion?

Yes, Cajun Chizik won a NC, well..his assistants (Brady) & players did anyway.

There will be other coaches at LSU, who actually have their own system & know more than just Dline coaching. Will you support them, or will you have to diss them because they might be from a state udder than Louisiana?

Perple likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Telling the truth about CEH is not trashing it's just facts. Said he deserved to be on one of the all American teams, said he was our best back, said he was my favorite player in 2019 and said he was the most productive RB in the SEC in 2019, AAAAAAAHHHHHHH that's not trashing. Big difference between a star back and a superstar back. Superstar backs are guys like Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, Leonard Fournette, Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson and Emmett Smith. Sorry clown as much as I like CEH he is not in that class and don't care what round he was taken in. The only 2 backs I can compare CEH to are Dalton Hilliard and maybe Emmitt Smith.

Sang da praises of Burrow, GEEZE can't imagine why I did such a foolish thing like praising Joe Burrow, you are losing it TAP.

Sorry did I say you didn't like Kiner?

So did Saban's assistants win his NC's or was it Saban? Very lame point on your part.

Have no clue what so ever what your last statement means, you are losing it TAP. I think you are scared cause O might do very well at LSU however looks like you already have a very very lame ready excuse if he does well, it's the assistants right?

Winston1 likes this.