Specifically, What do you like or dislike about Trump?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There’s a difference between telling a lie and sharing an aspiration that has little chance of happening.
    So take your friend who said he was a Christian to be successful in politics. Had he been born and raised a christian, been baptized? If so he was a christian whether he still practiced or believed. If he was a Muslim or atheist and claimed to be christian that’s a lie.
    If Trump wants to ban flag burning he’s not lying when he says he will do it. He’s telling voters what he wants to do. It really doesn’t matter if it’s unconstitutional or he knows it’s very unlikely he can make it happen.
    Did JFK know we would make it to the moon by 1969? No but he said we would and provided the inspiration and drive to make it happen. Did Khrushchev lie when he said the USSR would bury us? It turned out to be false but he didn’t lie, he was wrong.
    Have many politicians lied over the years...bald faced black and white lies about facts? They sure have...like “I’ve never had sexual relations with that woman “ or “I’m not a crook”.
    Point is @Jmg the is and should be room for people to say things like that. It’s up to us as citizens and voters to tell the difference between lies and damn liars who use falsehoods to confuse the situation.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

he was raised athiest, he is 3/4 jewish. he invented the christianity because its effectively impossible to win elections without god bullshit

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well then he’s lying. You both are also demonstrably wrong about it being necessary to claim to be a christian to win an election. There are growing numbers of Jews, Muslims and other religious in elected office high and low. I’m also pretty sure there are atheists and agnostics elected too.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

predictions should never be counted as lies. the future is unknowable. even bush saying read my lips no new taxes was not a lie he meant it.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well i know he is lying, he was my best friend and eventually he gave up on it. the story was about how people compromise even honesty with their friends for ambition. people will lie alot for power.

there are almost zero athiests and agnostics in political office. zero open athiests that i know of. of course there are many like bloomberg that are private. but admitting your dont beleive is immediate end of your political career.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Without knowing anything else i'll vote for a Christian before an Athiest. At least i can assume the Christian will (or should) subscribe to Christian ethics - how the rich should act toward the poor, how women are to be treated, the morality of war, etc...

And frankly no human can even begin to comprehend the true nature of reality. Self proclaimed Athiest are morons.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Biden gets elected the country is fucked. When he dies we are totally fucked. If Trump can prevent that happening by lying he is doing us all a huge favor

shane0911 and onceanlsufan like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i know thats why they lie to you

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so the end justifies the means. honesty not needed from our leaders

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

But you do know something. If Trump said he was the anti christ and Joe and the ho said they were holy rollers who would you vote for?