Sonic Country Fried Steak Toaster

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Deceks7, Feb 2, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How can you be so thin eating that stuff?

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

chocolate chip cookie dough

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i would love to say that i keep it worked off. but, imo, i dont get near enough exercise.

4. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

Ground-up Oreo.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yesterday, a customer of mine came in and showed me a bona fide receipt from the Sonic on hwy 59 outside Abita that itemized the chocolate malt he bought for about $2.50 and the next item (for $0.25) listed was a straw!

I don't know if it's really company policy or if a renegade employee was able to add it on the receipt. I couldn't believe it and thought it was very CS of them.

I saw it with my own eyes and immediately gave the guy about "$2.00" worth of straws to keep in his glove compartment.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't think I've been charged for straws at Sonic--but I'm sure going to look the next time.

We were once charged 25 cents per tortilla @ Mi Cocina in Plano; every other Tex Mex place gives you as many as you want. That, and they don't give free refills on soft drinks there.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i have never ever seen that charge at a sonic. that doesnt sound right to me. tell them to call the sonic headquarters customer relations dept and inquire/complain.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You sure that wasn't for a shot of STRAWberry syrup?

9. stevescookin

The reciept said straw. I have a feeling that their point of sale computer system allows for miscellaneous charges and some order taker is trying to make some extra change on the customers or trying to cover some sort of inventory irregularity... as a manger, lots of red flags go up when I see something like this. Something kinky is going on and the thieves usually are smarter and quicker than the managers. I'd bet some money is missing from the till and a renegade employee is trying to raise money to cover the theft.

10. stevescookin

I talked to the franchise owner (who's a real tiger fan and knows recruiting) and he said that the charge for a shot of strawberry syrup IS labeled straw on the receipts... as Red suggested. They DO NOT charge for straws at his Sonics. He was a little puzzled why a customer might order a shot of strawberry syrup in a chocolate malt and not recognize the charge. They are a good company and franchise and are very customer oriented.

In a little while I'll go there looking for a Butterfinger sonic blast. I'm also partial to the foot long coney with chili, cheese, onions and mustard.[​IMG]

I have to admit that I never look at those receipts in the first place.