So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I'll call Big Al, but you will probably have to wear the ugly Coogi sweater/hoodie with a blinged out pelican medallion that says "Loozyana Boy."

Deal?

1 person likes this.
  2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Talking to a guy in vegas this past april. He said he was a Raiders fan. I had on my LSU shirt. He says "your boy is killing me." I said "who?"...(I was drinking.) Then I realized he meant Jamarcus. "Oh, Jamarcus. yeah. He'll turn it around. If he was half as smart as Peyton Manning, he'd be the best quarterback of all time." He looked at me like i was speaking another language. I had to explain it. "He's that talented." I still don't think he believed me.

3. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Looking at JR's results, and that is all that counts, I wouldn't believe you either and I'm an LSU fan. Just as an aside, why is Peyton so much smarter than JR? Could it be that he works his butt off to stay in shape and studies film constantly. While JR does nothing in the off season including pulling an extra 40 lbs off of his fat butt? No that couldn't be it. Must be that Peyton didn't grow up poor. Yeah that's the ticket!

4. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

yeah just like some of us get hammered for saying miles isnt a top tier coach. but what do i know lol

maybe i just need more purple koolaid? :dis:

:LSU231:

what i find ludicrous is all the people on here rationalizing that because we sucked in the 90's an 8 win season is "good enough"

thats like saying Mom I was tested to have a genius IQ but because i made an "F" in 3rd grade I am going to be happy with a B minus now. :confused:

Its like a dog that's been kicked for years and now suddenly gets new owners with a giant expansive mansion but he is happy to sleep out in the snow cause he isnt getting kicked anymore. :nope:

there just is no logical reasoning for this.

Dont accept low standards.

6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I don't know if that's directed at me but you realize that was NEVER implied don't you? If that's the conclusion you arrived at, maybe you should go back and read again.

If I'm off base, then disregard.

7. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

You ARE off base. I didn't direct that last comment at anyone. I pretty much have a rule, I don't attack anyone. I feel that the total reason for these forums' existence is for people to give their opinion pro or con and let the discussion begin. I've had a couple of opinions changed on this forum because someone had a different view that I hadn't thought of and it seemed better than mine. To me that is the fun of it. My thoughts on JR are really based on the fact that he is EXTREMELY lazy not necessarily stupid. But given the opportunity he has that most of us can't really dream about and apparently making his best effort to blow it may translate to stupid. I live in Arizona Cardinal land and the difference between JR and Herman Johnson is totally 180 degrees different. Due to this Herman is now 358 lbs instead of the 381 he reported to minicamp at and he is the 2nd string RT. His attitude has been supereb. I bet JR makes as much for 1 game as Herman makes in this season.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Honest to God, if someone made a "Loozyana Boy" medallion for me, I'd wear it to every LSU game for the rest of my life. I could never keep something that awesome all to myself. :lol:

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I am curious, what specific insight do you have into JRs work habits, or is it just an assumption? I have no insight at all. I don't know if he shows up at 0500, runs a lap, works out, looks at video, or whether he is just hitting his alarm at 0730, so I cannot contradict what you are saying, but would like to hear what this perception is based on.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

If you listen to the NFL network with any regularity the topic is discussed often. Quotes from the head coach, his teammates and trainers either directly or indirectly question his work habits. Hell, he showed up at camp carrying an extra 50lbs! It doesnt take a genius to figure out what he wasnt doing during the off season.

There was quite a bit of discussion about his leadership too when several receivers failed to show up for a passing camp he organized. He's got enough trouble adapting to the NFL game never mind having to deal with being out of shape and struggling to earn the respect of your teammates.