So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

JSRacing, I believe you and I probably led the charge as far as detractors of Russell and got hammered for it. I had one supporter of Russell who wouldn't give up and slammed me big time on here for my stance.

I had him projected mid 2nd round at best and people thought that was ludicrous.

2. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

Time will tell for JaMarcus. Hopefully he will get things on track and get some fashion advice as well. But as someone said before, how does McFadden suck? It has to do with the team, right? He could probably be a Top-5 back if not in Oakland. He was unmatched in college, destroyed the combine, and plays the position with the easiest transition into the NFL. If Felix Jones could stay healthy he would have Marion Barber's job; McFadden has all the same skills plus more. Unfortunetly for McFadden, his nagging injury is a 5 year contract with the worst organization in the league. Heyward-Bey at the #8 pick speaks for itself. If speed alone gets you drafted, Trindon is going to be very rich come next year.

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Flynn because he's the perfect backup. Flynn will always be ready. And even if he never starts a game in the NFL he'll be around for years and likely has a future in coaching if he wants to pursue that.

What purpose does Jamarcus serve if he's not starting? He doesn't do any of the mental things well, which is one of the backups biggest purposes...aside from being ready if the starter goes down. If Jamarcus is asked to be a backup I guarantee he goes from double to triple cheeseburgers. He won't be ready at all times. He's not even ready when he's supposed to be.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

6. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

This is exactly what I heard as well from some friends in the Bay Area. Also when he showed up for voluntary camp starting his 2nd season he didn't know the play book any better than in his rookie season. In other words in the off season he didn't work out or study the playbook. WONDERFUL! This is in MASSIVE contrast to Herman Johnson with the Cards. If you all are interested I can tell you about what he is doing here but to give a hint he is 2nd RT and weighs about 358 from the 381 he reported at in the 1st voluntary mini camp.

7. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I'm right with you here. But I think you've missed two things:

1) Flynn will have money left over when he finishes playing, whether that's this year or 10 years from now; and

2) Flynn will have the option of either coaching (like you mention) or a career in medicine (I think he was planning to go to med school; or was it dental school?) when he's done playing NFL football. Unfortunately, I don't think JR will have those -- or many other -- options.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

:lol:

ignant.

9. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

Hmm I've never heard of Flynn and med/dental school... I remember something about Matt Mauck and dental school though.

Flynn should have a solid NFL career though, he is also very talented. Scary to think we had Russell, Flynn and Perrilloux at the same time--three of the most talented QB's to ever play for LSU imo. I kind of wish all the off field stuff hadn't happened with Perrilloux... I feel like he was easily the most complete and talented quarterback of the three and if all the stuff hadn't happened I could easily have seen him gone on to the NFL and become a star player. He still has an outside chance of making it to the league but obviously not the same as going through LSU and being a 1st round pick etc. His arm and mechanics were perfect and the quick delivery was awesome to see... I still hope for the best for Perrilloux even though I know many LSU fans are not too fond of him.

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

For every great play Russell made he would also take an unnecessary 20 yard sack. There were a few games he just completely blew it for LSU.