So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think he COULD be a successful NFL quarterback if he put in the time, he had better weapons, the play calling was changed to suit him, and the offensive line got better. Darren McFadden cant get anything going there, and that guy is super good. Oakland sucks, and their coaching staff sucks, and their owner sucks, they have a pretty good defense. At LSU Jamarcus was good, but we called plays that suited him, screens, slants, and in routes. You notice the only passes he completes are over the middle and slant routes right. He thinks he is a superstar, and he wont put in the work in the offseason to study film, and get better and that is why he stinks right now.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

he has ALWAYS had great potential that is what makes his story so sad.

I dont know his problem but he has the physical ability. His pysical ability at LSU got us out of trouble alot but I will remind you alot of the trouble he got us out of, he got us into.... its on film i wont go back over it.

I think some of it is not wanting to put in the time to learn, just what you said. he wants to forever all his life play sand lot football and hit the open guy..... you cant do that often in the NFL.

3. LaSalleAve

You know, all this Jamarcus talk is making me wonder if we would have played Matt Flynn in 06 would we have won the national championship that year?

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I am sure someone like Tirk will come along with a "no way" answer and give you a reason why ( and I couldnt dispute that )

but the real answer is there is no way to know. Its certainly possible. There are so MANY variables that go into that besides one player. It really is a team sport. BUT maybe on some other time plane it happened? :hihi:

5. LaSalleAve

yeah i know there is no way to know, but humor me and speculate.

6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

If my memory serves me right, we lost to Florida that year, mostly because of Russell's mistakes. Who else did we lose to??

Hard to say because I also remember several games that Russell won for us that year because of his freakish ability. My guess is that Flynn would have been more steady, but not as able to bail us out if we needed a freakish play.

I guess I'm gonna say that we still would have lost, at least, two games since that's what we lost the next year with Flynn actually under center. In '06, 2 losses doesn't get you into the BCS title game.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think our results are about the same with either one.

bigger question now is who lasts longer in the league, Matt Flynn or Jamarcus?

vegas put the odds out at even money

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I think Flynn has the longer career. Russell is likely to implode if he gets released.

Here's another question.

Who would have thought Kevin Kolb (playing reasonably well as McNabb's replacement), Trent Edwards (progressing nicely) and Tyler Thigpen (new starting QB for the fins?) would have been better QB prospects in the 2007 draft than Russell or Quinn?

9. LaSalleAve

We couldn't get in the endzone at Auburn that year either.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

another one ive needed to update with my quarterback scouting skills. kevin kolb was absolute garbage everytime ive seen him in limited duty. not much but he was possibly the worst looking starter outside of jamarcus russell ive seen. now hes kurt warner in reverse. he was one step from stocking groceries.

anyhow hes been phenomenal. dude musta sold his soul or something.

i was sold on quinn being a bust. one out of ten is really good yo.