So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Russell had 61 yards passing this past week, in an NFL game. 61 yards??? I think he had 1 yard in the second half????????????

How does that happen?? Maybe it's hyperbole, but I think he might be the biggest QB bust of all time.

I can't think of another #1 overall QB that was that bad. David Carr hasn't been good, but not that bad. I don't have a list of #1 overall QBs, but I have a hard time thinking of first ROUND QBs that were that bad. Maybe Akili Smith???

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Ryan Leaf

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He threw it 20+ times and it came out to a 3 yard per attempt average, which is mindboggling.

What's equally appalling is the 12 completions for just 61 yards. Even when he did connect, it was for only a 5 yard average? Good grief.

That division is so bad this year that Jeff Garcia could have had them in contention for winning it outright.

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Yeah. Leaf was awful. Russell's not throwing the bunches of interceptions that Leaf threw, that's for sure.

Of course, the Raiders are desperately trying to hide Russell and most of his passes are so inaccurate that nobody has a chance to catch them on either team.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

All due to the shytty turf there:

11. Wendell Davis, Chicago Bears, 1993. Davis destroyed both of his ACLs on one play in Philadelphia in the most notorious moment in the history of the old unsafe turf at Veterans Stadium. Davis, a wide receiver, was running a pass route. He had led the Bears in receiving yards the previous three seasons, accumulating 154 catches for 2,251 yards and 11 touchdowns over that span.

USATODAY.com - Costliest knee injuries of all-time

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

sounds like he got an assjob. :lol: didn't know the raiders had plastic surgeons on staff. i guess Al Davis can't be accused of kicking some ass at some point, eh?

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Absolutely zero chance that guy has a penny left when he gets out of the league. He'll be shacking up with MC Hammer not long after. Hammer will be the only other guy in the Bay Area who squandered more money. And together, they can form an unstoppable tandem of ad peddling to make rent.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Well that is no different than anyone else in the league. Something like 75% of players are bankrupt within 3 years of the end of their careers.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Exactly. It's incredibly unlikely that he, of all people, would be an exception to the rule.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I distinctly remember being called out by alot of folks here for saying he wasnt that good when he was @ LSU. ( you can probably do a search and find the posts if its that important )
    the first time anyone on this board wasnt called out for critisizing the allmight JR was AFTER and I repeat AFTER he shined the Bama medallion.... I guess some things are justi n excusable... :lol:

funny thing is I never made ONE post critisizing him for wearing that. I chaulked it up as normal for him because he just WASNT that good to begin with. by that time I had already written him off. glad he left early..

Now that he is gone and no longer @ LSU I'll just say this: he continues to live up to my expectations of him which were poor. I wanted him benched when he was here. All those "come from behind" victories about half of them he got us in the trouble by making bone head plays in the first place.

Physical ability is not ALL there is to football.

Him being from LSU does not represent the school well.

sorta on the same subject but not neccessarily about JR:

Every monday my boss and I open up by talking about college and Pro ball, ( and baseball if applicable)
    He knows I am an LSU fan, He is broncos fan and his son is a Texas fan. The first thing we talked about was how right now LSU is over rated and the second thing was how Jamarcus Russsel wasnt worth a crap. Pertaining to the Bronocs, Raiders game.

The man is very smart, he wasnt teasing me a bit, He was the first to give our Baseball team props, just because his son was a HUGE Texas fan it didnt matter. We talked about LSU's very good points and their not so good points in baseball, we each gave Texas props for having a good bullpen. It isnt blasphemy to recognize under achievement.... in ANYTHING. ( Obama? ) :hihi:

A GOOD team is a good team and a POOR player is a POOR player I dont know how you can paint this stuff any other way, it's cut and dried. Its not so much that I am right, its just OBVIOUS to anyone Outside half of this forum.
    If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck its 99% probably a duck people sheesh.

sure any player can have a bad day but when it is over a season? How long do you wait for a guy? answer: in this money driven era of football.. not long... cut your loses and move on.

I love LSU but I swear I think some of you put a purple and gold chip on your shoulder before you sit down in front of the computer. ( not calling anyone in particular out )
    Love your team but.....
    It is what it is.

good day.