So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I always figured JaMarcus to be a project as an NFL QB... but it be fun to see him after a few more years with an expert QB coach working with him... he has a hell of a cannon. I thought the Raiders should have kept Garcia while they worked on developing JR.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Out here in Tha Bay seems like EVERY freakin' Raider fan hits me up when they see my :lsup: gear.

Seems they think that we LSU! fans have a better bead on who this guy is.

Hell, I only saw him play college ball, but I'm not shy, so I tell 'em MY opinion.

And it is this - million dollar arm, 10 cent head.

JR won't ever be a great or even good NFL QB IMO.

Al the great was hoodwinked AGAIN.

3. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Check the numbers. He has sucked since he has been there. I think last week he was something like 7 for 24. SWEET! When he was at LSU I saw some great throws and I saw a BUNCH of throws coming at 200 mph to a back coming out of the backfield and throws to a WR who was double or triple covered. Sometimes, due to his arm strength, he actually got them in there. Sometimes. Those sometimes are even less frequent when NFL DB's are covering. Actually he is on the perfect team. All Davis cares about is throwing the long ball like in the good old days when he actually had a brain and Lamonica was his boy. This doesn't work in the NFL anymore but Davis hasn't been aware since the 70's so JR's arm strength is his ticket as long as Davis is wasting oxygen. He has been the Raiders QB how long now and he doesn't seem to have progressed at all?

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I also didn't like the fact that he elected to wear not one single shred of LSU gear or purple and gold when they interviewed him at the BCSNG vs Ohio St. He was wearing some burlap looking hoodie with a million multi-colored vertical stripes. Looked like he stole it from a soul shop in 1992. Meanwhile, he was standing next to Troy Smith, who was completely decked out in OSU gear. Embarassing, yet somehow not surprising. I guess that's what always kind of bothered me about the guy. Always seemed like he was strictly about himself, and never his school.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If Garcia was starting this season, the Raiders would easily be 2-1, and maybe even 3-0.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And Smith spoke English too. Not sure what language JR was speaking. It was jibba jabba at best.

Too bad Smith didn't have JR's talent. He would be one helluva NFL QB.

7. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Wow, I was hoping people would point to his other major problem...his weight. They claim he's playing at 270 after coming to camp at 300. I bet he's still every bit of 290. He needs to get down to the 250 range, give or take 10 pounds. If you're not the brightest QB, having mobility helps. McNabb made quite a career using his legs until the nuances caught up with him. Now, when healthy, he's a good QB.

Eventually, Jamarcus's fat arse is gonna start breaking down. This is the worst thing about no rookie cap. I'd bet his fat arse would have more passion about succeeding if he wasn't guaranteed a lifetime of money...

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

they could probably have hit at hello if they offered him a year free certificate to fat burger, or in & out.

Got me thinking, do you consider Jamarcus a bust? Or is it still too early? If not Jamarcus name other Tiger NFL busts.

1. David Lafleur - Man this guy had so much potential and was going to be the next Jay Novacek, and i don't know what happened. To me, the biggest bust coming from Baton Rouge.

2. Marcus Spears - man i love this guy, he is an awesome guy, and maybe its too early, but he is on his way to being a bust. It could be the 3-4 defense he plays in Dallas, and i hope that is the case, because there has never been a nicer guy.

3. Craig Davis - its real early in this guy's career but he was taken in the first round and hasn't seen the field. i know he is suffering from injury, and its still early, but first round pick 2 years ago that hasn't seen the field yet?

you older guys are going to have to let me know if any of these first round picks were NFL busts.

1944 Steve Van Buren
    1946 Dub Jones
    1951 Ebert Van Buren
    1951 Kenny Konz
    1957 Earl Leggett
    1960 *Billy Cannon
    1960 John Robinson
    1962 Earl Gros
    1962 Wendell Harris
    1963 Jerry Stovall
    1965 Dave McCormick
    1966 George Rice
    1975 Mike Williams
    1977 A.J. Duhe
    1979 Charles Alexander
    1988 Wendell Davis
    1989 Eric Hill
    1991 Harvey Williams

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Its a free country, he can wear what he wants. But thats just a slap in the face to LSU in my opinion. I mean it was the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!! Not sure what he's trying to prove there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I figured it out. The reason he cant hit any receivers or complete any passes, is because he is blind. look at the picture above, he looks like a young braidless stevie wonder, which would explain the ugly daishiki.