So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Vince Young has obviously had some issues, but he's done some good things for Tennessee as well.

Tennessee was 4-12 the season before Young got drafted (and 5-11 the year before that). They were 0-3 when Young got his first start in his rookie year (started off 0-5) and they finished 8-8. They barely fell short of making the playoffs. He easily won NFL Offensive rookie of the year, shattered the rookie rushing record for a QB and made the Pro Bowl because of an injury to another player.

His second year they finished 10-6 and went to the playoffs (losing to San Diego). But when he has been in there, they're 19-11. That's not bad for a franchise that has an overall losing record I believe.

So he's at least been competitive when he's been in there. He seems to throw a good bit of interceptions so that's a problem for him. His stats don't always look that good either, but he makes plays with his feet as well. Anyway, he did help improve the Titans' play almost as soon as he got there.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

232-342 3129 28td 8int 68%

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

:nope:

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

How different do you think our 05 and 06 seasons would have been with Flynn?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

are you always the most miserable mother****er in the room?

6. LSUDeek

Not sure 05 would have been different, but the dude freaking had a hurt throwing wrist and the offense looked like **** for most of the year outside of Addai. Given how we were demolished against UGA and Flynn played anyway....

I would like to have seen 06 without 3 int's and a fumble on the goal line against Florida.

Not sure we beat Auburn regardless of who's playing QB given the playcalling and refereeing.

7. LSUDeek

Just sick of the JR apologists

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you need to find religion, my friend. you're a miserable sob.

9. LSUDeek

I'll take that under advisement.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Did you see the Raiders/Chargers highlights? My favorite play was when two Raider receivers tried to run a pick play.....and knocked each other down. JR gets sacked.

No excuses for JR's apparent lack of work ethic, or his apparent inability to assume blame, but don't you think the team he's with might have at least a little bit to do with his downfall?