So JaMarcus Russsell looks terrible...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DwayneBowned, Sep 28, 2009.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

They were ripping him to shreds on NFL radio today. They played some sound clips of the boo birds after his 2nd pick and they were LOUD. When he was replaced it sounded like the Raiders had just scored a touchdown.

He has a 47.2 passer rating, worst full time starter in the league. He has a LOT to do with them sucking so bad. Russell wont be there much longer.

2. SECBearTiger

SECBearTiger Freshman

yea he looked bad when he was a Tiger too. I recall when we play Auburn a 6-3 final. Say what you want about Auburns defense that year, but no top tier qb plays like he did that day. you did not hear nothing about him concerning the draft until after the sugar bowl performance against a Notre Dame team that didn't even deserve to be there. Playin for the Raiders dont help none. you could make the argument the matt flynn will have a better pro career than j.r.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I was a huge Russell advocate while he was here at LSU, but my best friend and i were talking about how we thought LSU would have another Crystal Ball with 06 on it, if Flynn would have been our starer in 06 and not Russell.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Russell was 20/35 for 269 yards in that game with 0 INTs.
    You didn't hear about him with regards to the draft because he was a redshirt junior and hadn't declared for the draft until after the Sugar Bowl
    I'm not gonna defend JR for everything but Flynn is in a lot better position to be successful in Green Bay. Russell blows now but that doesn't mean he did at LSU

1 person likes this.
  5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

These guys differ on who exactly is worse but there is no question on who they are calling out. Quinn and Russell. Who is the bigger bust? I think its Russell.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Russell has to be the bigger bust because he was number 1 overall. But i still think that he could be a solid quarterback if he would just put in the work. Maybe he needs a reality check, and start losing some of that money for him to get his ass in the film room, and on the field on his off days instead of eating wings in his fur coat.

But its pretty close, Vince Young is a big bust, he can't even beat out a 40 year old recovering alcoholic. And Brady Quinn just flat sucks, but we knew that when he was at Notre Dame.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Something to think about if the conversation become Russell vs. Young....it was pointed out on this thread that many teams didn't even consider Russell to be first round talent, much less a number one. Lots of people thought the Raiders reached on him before he ever took a snap. That's not the case with Young though. He had the college creds that Russell didn't, and every team in the league considered him a first 5 picks in the draft type of guy.

Russell didn't hold a gun to Al Davis' head and make him over-reach, and his football smarts and work ethic were already in question before he went to Oakland. So its logical to assume that many people thought he wouldn't make it in the NFL. Can the same be said for Young?

In VY's defense, he has had at least a little success in the league. JR's got nothing to hang his hat on, other than the fat contract.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well at least its not his fault. gotta love that leadership from top to bottom of that organization. Imbearassmant

“I don’t think it’s me personally, I really don’t. It’s a bad combination of one guy doesn’t do something right one time. Personally, I don’t think so. Do you?” – Oakland QB JaMarcus Russell

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I stated repeatedly that VY wouldn't make it in the NFL is a quarterback. A lot of people felt the same way. He would probably be ridiculous as a WR or something, but his throwing motion is worse than Tebow's and he is about as smart as Jamarcus. Bad, bad combination.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Almost exactly what I have been saying from the giddyup. VY=garbage QB