Sick and Tired

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Sep 14, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

1st off, I am not a sexist at all, but Michele Wie needs to stop...

She shot +5, and will again miss the cut in a men's event, keeping her streak of cuts missed in tact.

Shouldn't she be trying to do something a little more realistic, like maybe WIN a girl's tournament... something she also has never done.

Tiger Woods learn to be the best, by... being the best... He played every level: Junior Am, Am, College, Pro, and coincidentally, he won at all the levels he played.

Michele Wie has taken the approach, that she is too good to have to learn how to win, and coicidentally, she has won nothing.

The real losers here are the sponsers who give her sponser's exemptions... that is just wasting a spot that could be had by a man who could actually do something with his spot.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I (predictably) think it's hilarious. I haven't followed this in detail, so I'm wondering -- does she swing from the men's tees, or the women's half way up the fairway.

Regardless, Wie's antics don't strike me as a big deal.

3. clair

clair Rockets

she plays from the men's tees, and isn't nearly strong enough to handle that...

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

That is good then. This issue is a hot button for me. A few years ago, we had a company golf tournament. My foursome came in second, because we got destroyed by the group in front of us.

This group included this butch heffer (ex competitive softball player) who was crushing the ball off the women's tees. This just didn't seem right on many levels, not the least of which the fact she outweighed everybody out there by at least 30 bills. :angryfire I don't think they had a shot to the green longer than 70 yards all day.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

She is actually a better driver than a lot of men.

6. clair

clair Rockets

The course was too long... :) How many times have you heard that said about a Top 50 mens player?

She is a good driver, but her irons and other clubs are not nearly as long as the men, and it gives her a huge disadvantage...

She also doesn't have the brute strength to punch out of the rough...

Edit: That quote is from yahoo sports

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree with Clair's comments in his original post. Enough is enough. Stop already. :po:

But now let me give you a dose of reality. It's about the almighty $. As long as idiots like the owner of 84 Lumber, who I saw in a feature on ESPN or the Golf Channel and is long time friends of the Wie family, spots will be made available on a limited basis for her to make a fool out of herself trying to compete with male PGA Tour pro's. As long as the tournament attendance numbers are enough for the sponsors to extend her a sponsors invite, she will be offered limited spots on the PGA Tour. Notice that I didn't say anything about TV ratings because she doesn't make the cut and as a result doesn't play on the weekends to influence the ratings. :lol:

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

the sponsors want publicity, which is what they get by getting wie in the field. i dont mind.

i look at men's golf as the "open" division, where anyone can play, and women's golf as a minor league crapfest. so i dont have any problem with people playing up. playing down is cheating, but playing up is ok, if you wanna try the big leagues, good luck.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This was not a men's event. The PGA tour is open to both sexes. The PGA is not the MPGA. If the sponsors paying the big bucks for an event want to create pub and give a spot to a Chinese girl or a dwarf its there business. Forgive me for not feeling sorry for the poor pro golfer who didn't get to play because he's such a nobody that event sponsors would rather have a 16 year old girl on their course than him.