Sean Payton haters

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Tygrr, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Oh but there were plenty, if I could only find that thread.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I wouldn't say he was a horrible coach, just finding his way and slowly putting together a winning team.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

My thoughts:

He better be kissing Gregg Williams' feet at every coaches meeting.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

One wonders why Benson can't fork up the dough. He just passes it on to us. :shock:

5. tigerclawswipe

tigerclawswipe Veteran Member

Got to love what CSP has don’t for the city. Its not like the last two years were the Lions or Rams. We almost made the playoffs both years were 8-8. Didn’t the Chargers reach the playoffs at 8-8 last year. The guy has the BEST offensive mind in the game 4 years in a row now. I just hope another team wont steal him away like your beloved St Nick. God bless Payton and the Saints.

1 person likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No doubting his offensive genius. He is the best in the NFL.

But we wasted that great offense these last 2 years because he accepted Gibbs' mediocre coaching as his DC. What could have been is coming to fruition this year.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

don't get all excited. we're talking about the saints here. history proves they'll flame out. btw islstl, is right. why did it take peyton so long to address the issues on defense along with the pathetic coaching? i'd love to see the black and gold in the superbowl but we're just cursed.

plus if reggie bush isn't moved to a slot wr, 3rd down back or benched all together i'll jump off a bridge. he shouldn't touch the ball more than 5 times a game.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well he should never run off tackle again. I would agree with that.

But he should get 10-15 touches on the edges and out in pass routes.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sean payton's coaching improved on offense once he admitted to himself the reggie bush pick was a colossal mistake.

now bush sits in the slot on occasion and is close to being a backup punt returner at best. and rightfully so.

hes clearly incapable of fielding a punt and making positive yardage consistently and incapable of holding onto the football in any fashion. what more does anyone need to see before realizing he plays scared and fumbles 50% of the time he touches it.

He's a bust and now that pierre thomas is the feature back things are much improved. or bell or hamilton or anyone else for that matter.

its no longer simply using bush the right way. hes had ample opportunity to prove himself. hes a failure at anything beyond being a slot receiver.

and that puts him at 4th wr at best.

colston/devery/meachem/shockey/moore/bushrod/strief/reggie bust

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I'm so glad that what I was screaming way back when he was at USuC has finally been realized.