Sean Payton haters

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Tygrr, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I can remember just last year there was a thread in which many were saying Sean Payton needs to go and he's not a very good coach. For those of you that were calling for his head, what are your thoughts of him now?

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

prob find them on the pro sports or new orleans saints sub-forum, but their ability to run run the ball and play defense has been nice.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Ah, I didn't even realize there was now a New Orleans board. Haven't posted much lately. Thanks, I'll repost there.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Not sure I've ever seen a Sean Payton hater. He's done too many good things in New Orleans.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Never knew of any Sean haters here. Really.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Sean Payton was a HORRIBLE coach the past two seasons. He tried to force Bush into an every-down RB and was way too cute with the offense.

Now he FINALLY has gotten back to coaching like he did in his first season, where we RAN THE PHUCKING BALL!! Haven't seen many, if any, cute plays this season. We are running the ball down our opponent's throats.

Plus SP FINALLY decided to get a REAL DC and look how well that has turned out thus far.

Plus his passion on the sidelines is back. He's hollaring and cursing everyone on the sideline!!! If he continues to coach like this, the Saints will have a VERY successful season!!!!

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This "haters" thread trend needs to stop.

It's old.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well Sean Payton wasn't necessarily a horrible head coach, he was just too stubborn to realize he can't win all the games by himself and needed help on the defensive side of the ball. Once he swallowed his pride and got someone to match him intellectually on the defense, that's when things changed for the best.

So more of a GM kinda decision for a head coach. He decided not to fire Gibbs after 2007 and he paid for it in a wasted year last season when the Saints were the best offense in football.

Payton has definitely elevated himself to another level this year relying on the run and defense. He did it again today. Even played the field position game as well, something he never did in the past.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

What speaks volumes to me was that Sean was willing to take a $250,000 pay cut to land Williams. Proves that not only did he want the upgrade to the defensive side of the ball, he was willing to use his paycheck to get it.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, I just found that out a few days ago. That's very impressive. They were saying that had Sean not done that, Williams would be the DC of Green Bay right now.