SCOTUS approves use of Pentagon funds for Border Wall

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The wall is the best thing Trump can do as long as liberal cities and judges plan on giving illegals a safe space. In a perfect world, strict immigration laws would filter them out, but that just isn't reality. The best case we have to get them is while they are attempting to cross.

APPTiger and el005639 like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

wall doesnt stop them and they can just fly in

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It does stop some and it certainly slows them. I never claimed it stops illegal immigration. The point of the wall is to slow them because our best "current" force against illegal immigration is getting them before they get to Cali, etc.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not worth it

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"the wall" is stupid,.. it's no more than a monument to Donald Trump,.. we already have a wall where one's possible,.. let's not pretend the orange man invented the concept,.. I'm all for strengthening the security of our southern border, especially adding new technologies to aid the cause

c'mon, 123, you know what's happening,.. election is drawing closer, this is about to be made into a big issue again, the Dims like this issue too,.. we're being played, y'all

el005639 likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Got that solved pay some Cajun duck hunters
    Hunting-Fishing-Lake-Charles-2.jpg

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Simply not true! People act as if Trump came up with the idea of the wall. Miles and miles of wall were already in place, though much of it was inadequate and delapidated. A good bit of the Wall Trump has built so far has actually been replacing the crappy fences put up in the past. Thus, we have the Winstons of the world talking about how he hasn’t built any wall, when in reality he has, because the walls he has replaced were nothing more than symbolic walls with no effect.

Pride123 is correct, the function of the wall is to a) slow them down, b) make it inconvenient, and c) give the BP a better chance at nabbing them before they make it to Cali, where they get lost in the noise, drop babies, file for citizenship, and invite the whole family to come over on visas.

Trumps focus on immigration has done what no other precious administration has been able to do, get Mexico to stop transporting them across Mexico so they can jump the border. That has had more effect than anything.

I’m all for legal immigration, and I (and Trump) think the Democrats need to get off their asses and fix the system. Paul Ryan (D-WI) failed to do it back when he could have, now we are stuck with Pelosi who vows to keep it an issue by doing nothing. It so fricken funny to me, leftist practically worship Europe, except for the European Immigration Law. There are no anchor babies, and citizenship is very well defined.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

well put, but I'm not buying it,.. neither side wants the illegal immigration issue solved,.. Dims and Repugs love this issue, it cements in their base,.. you watch too much fox

el005639 likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I don’t watch Fox at all ... so .... so much for that line. I hate TV Entertainment.

I respectfully disagree with you here. I judge the intention by the action.

Democrat Action - create DACA, push for open borders, Sanctuary Cities and States, defund Border Patrol, pass legislation for free college and healthcare and other benefits for illegals, push for amnesty “again” (think the broken promises of the Reagan years).

Republicans - built a wall. Increase funding for border patrol, oppose sanctuary.