Saints Watch: Tracking for highest scoring team in NFL history

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Dec 1, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

+2 Saints 38, Pats 17
    -2 Saints 33, Redskins 30
    ?? Saints, Falcons
    ?? Saints, Cowboys
    ?? Saints, Bucs
    ?? Saints, Panthers

We are up 2 points on the 36.8 average by the 07 Patriots. Damn Carney threw away 3 easy points. Saints should have scored 7 on the drive as we had a wide open receiver (Meachem I believe) that would have easily gotten the first down and maybe even scored, but Brees made one of the few bad decisions of the night going to the endzone with tighter coverage on Henderson instead.

2. islstl

We need to put up a minimum of 34 on the Redskins. Saints D need to create some short fields for the Saints offense as the Skins defense has been playing relatively well.

Well we got 33 today and it should have been 36. Really hated the fact we got that TD overturned but oh well. With porous offenses like Atlanta and the Bucs probably having a bunch of 3 and outs and some turnovers, I look for the Saints to keep pace through the Bucs game. Now it just depends on whether Payton wants the record when they face Carolina. It won't be easy. Their defense is actually pretty good.bump

3. islstl

Atlanta is beat up and likely won't have either their starting QB and RB in the game. Philly put up a ton of points due mainly to the ineptness of the Falcons offense to stay on the field.

The chants of wanting Vick back after yesterday's game has fractured the fan base and the team is in freefall.

I look for the Saints to get a 40 burger.