Saints @ Washington

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 1, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Saints only have NFC teams left on schedule. So if Saints lose two games, both would be to NFC foes. if Vikings win out, then they would have one loss to AFC team and one to NFC team. Thus Vikings would win tie breaker.

2. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I felt the same way SF until this game. This team is not the same old, same old Saints. They are for real. I don't need a Super Bowl either but it sure would be nice to get to Miami.

3. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

First thing that came to my mind when they missed the gimme field goal was the game where we ran back a kickoff with no time on the clock to make it a one point game, and then missed the extra point. Karma finally returned the favor!

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great teams make their own luck and bad teams find ways to lose. The Saints are a great team. What a win, ugly but I'll take it. Nice to see the Saints come out on the W side of these games, it hasn't ever been like this.Saintslogo

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I know SF's exact feeling. I've lived and died with the Saints (mostly died) every season since the beginning. Don't trust them for a momment but will cheer for them until the day I die. I keep saying that this is a dream and DON'T WAKE ME UP. :grin:

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

That was Jacksonville or Carolina in 2003 wasnt it?? I remember cause I had just gotten to Ft Hood and was in Bostons Pizza Place with the sergent that checked in to the unit the same time that I did!

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

The Saints hold the AFC tie breaker not the Vikes....so if we beat ATL, Dallas, and Tampa and the Vikes win out we can rest all of our starters against Carolina and even if we lose that game we have home field!!!

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Except the Saints are an NFC team, not AFC. If the Vikes and the Saints are tied at the end of the year home field is determined the same way as the Wild Card teams are determined:

Two Teams
    1. Head-to-Head
    2. Conference Record
    3. Common Games (minimum of four)
    4. Strength of Victory
    5. Strength of Schedule
    6. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
    7. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
    8. Net Points (conference games)
    9. Net Points (all games)
    10. Net Touchdowns (all games)
    11. Coin Toss

So if we don't play each other, the number of NFC losses will be the determining factor.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

so their lose to the steelers does not factor in at all.....the only common games we have are:

Minn: Det..27-13
    Rams..38-10
    Det...27-10
    Car...week 15
    NYG...week 17

Options 4 and 5 would worry me!