Saints @ Washington

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 1, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Damm, I hope we get our injured defensive players back soon. Fujita, Greer, Porter.....we need you, boys!

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

What a crazy game. I live near DC and was watching with some Redskins fans. Even when the Skins were up by 10 in the 4th quarter, they all agreed that the Skins would still find a way to lose. I'm glad to say they were correct!

Breesus performed some magic; LaRon was burned a couple of times (good to see after his constant jawing); the D needs the regulars back in the lineup, hard to believe Jason Campbell had the game of his life; and we definitely caught breaks with a few calls...

Will we see 16-0?!

Saintslogo

:geauxtige

3. Nastynemec4565

Nastynemec4565 Just waiting on Strasburg

Yeah as a Redskins fan myself I was none too pleased with a few of those calls. I thought the Brees' interception (that turned into the Meachem TD) hit the ground so it shouldnt have been an interception in the first place. But I knew they weren't going to focus on that during the replay. The fumble in OT: I just didnt believe there was enough to overturn it but I was proven wrong. Thats the one I've been steaming about. But hey none of this would have mattered if our moron Suisham makes an easy FG.

Somebody needs to let Landry know that receivers sometimes use two moves to fool the defender.

I was with about 5 Saints fans and was quite miserable as I saw it slip away.
    I figured this would be the proverbial "trap game" but now I wish they had just lost by 40.... I have that same let down feeling like the LSU-Ole Miss game

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

No biggie here. I have to admit as they were lining up for the 23 yard field goal, I was thinking about 11-1 and the Vikings game tonight. However...

Big time fail!! I was waiting for someone to come out and say "Same Old Saints" if they would have lost. I have a feeling if they wouldn't have pulled it out, it may have been you.

That's better! This team is NOT the Same Old Saints. Nothing the Saints have done in their history amounts to a hill of beans right now! This team BELIEVES they're never out of it. This team never quits. It took some luck to get us back in this game. But that luck could have never taken place if we "pulled a Bellichik" and pulled Brees out of the game when we were down ten.

I have to admit I didn't see this comeback coming. But if we had lost, I would not think that this was the beginning of the end. It's just a bump in the road, and I think we'll get back on track this week! Enjoy the ride, I sure am!!! :thumb:

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I was cold and had to endure Redskins' fans around me but I stayed until the end of the game...and then some!

It was great seeing so many (a few thousand) fans in the stadium and watching as several hundred fans awaited the players to board the buses.

The Redskins' fans sounded like we used to complaining about their players, coaches, owner, etc. It sounded very familiar but was nice because it wasn't us this time.

I know the Redskins will be fans of the Saints in two weeks when we play the 'girls.

It was a nice stadium but I prefer the comforts of the Dome!

GEAUX SAINTS!

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well this was the game we were gonna lose if indeed we were gonna lose one. Letdown from the high we had vs the Pats, numerous injuries with Fujita added to the mix (and that was huge as his backup doesn't belong on an NFL field), cold conditions (Saints 0-5 since 2005 in cold weather games) and a team that was playing much better lately and had nothing to lose.

It all added up today.

And we still won.

We're going 16-0 folks. And then we're going 19-0. Enjoy the ride.

7. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Cards 30 Vikes 17. Warner played. We now have a 2 game lead and the Vikes have lost to an NFC team which is one of the tie breakers. Geaux Saints!!!

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yep. It would have been me. I still don't trust the Saints. My hearts been broken too many times. I'm a terrible fan. I know. I'm slowly coming around though. And I don't need a Super Bowl win. Just be a REAL NFL team. We've never had one.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There is no NFC tiebreaker that will come into play.

If the Saints and Vikes finish with the same record, the Vikes hold the tie breaker automatically since the Saints went 4-0 vs AFC and Vikes already have a loss to an AFC team. In other words, we lose the NFC conference record tiebreaker to the Vikes.

With the 2 game cushion, the Saints are basically a lock to have home field throughout.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That doesn't sound right.:confused: