Saints vs. Packers [7:30 NBC]

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by brjim, Sep 5, 2011.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Pitiful.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

The Defense actually made more than one stop and gave them chances to win the ballgame....remeber this defense is going up against the Green Bay Packers offense

3. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Agree on touchback, but that was flagrant PI. THe guy knocked Sproles down about a second before the ball go there

4. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

the PI was the correct call hawk hit sproles on the helmet as he came over him before he touched the ball. The punt i thought was a bad call, but the way they explained it was it is continuous motion (from the time the player catches the ball until is momentum stops) and if that is the correct ruling then it was the righ call

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Looked at it again this morning. There was absolutely no helmet contact on the PI call; he came cleanly over Sproles' shoulder. It was a bad call.

I'll concede on the punt; I really don't know the rules, so I'll assume they got it right.

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Look again MC. Before the LB jumped, he put a knee into the back of the receiver causing him to fall forward. No contact was made with the jump itself.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Also, we drafted Ingram and gave him the ball on the 1 for the last play of the game. I guess we were going to see if he was that great back we hoped for. However, telling everyone in the stadium and the whole Packer line that we were running it right up the gut probably wasn't in the game plan. Bootleg woulda looked awful good right there.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

When I saw them line up in the goalline formation, and saw what the pack's D was doing, I said out loud "please roll out a tight end or something just not up the middle". I phuckin hate being right sometimes.