Saints vs Bears playoff thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 6, 2021.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

“Finish what Katrina started”? I’ll never forget that shit. That debt is most definitely still not paid! Next time Bears. We are FAR from done with you!

mctiger, Bengal B and CajunlostinCali like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Nice win, but really going to have to bring it next week vs Tampa. It's true what they say about how hard it is to beat the same team 3x in one season and you know they'll be extra motivated because of the beat down we put on them last time we played. I remember in '91, when beat Cantlanta handily both times in the regular season, then they smoked us in the playoffs, at home. (I was at that game and it still stings a little). But by the same token, we did beat a pretty good Carolina team 3x a couple of years back, so there is precedent. Just hope the offense is a little more consistent and Lutz breaks out of his slump because it will probably be a close game.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i hope will lutz gets it together.....

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

·
    3h
    The #Saints
    [​IMG]

are signing veteran kicker Blair Walsh to their practice squad, source said. Never know when a COVID issue might arise during the playoffs, so they'll keep Walsh in testing protocols as a contingency plan.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

According to ESPN, this will be the 23rd time in the Super Bowl era that a team will have a chance to complete a 3-game sweep. Their record in the previous 22 is 14-8. Odds are in our favor.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dunno MC, after seeing the Browns over the Steelers last night where the entire planet and some on Mars (myself included) favored the steelers in a route. I will defer to the football gods more now than ever!

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Maybe, but we're Saints fans. Never know what's going to happen. 2009 healed alot of the previous heartbreak, but we've still seen our unfair share since then.

mctiger and kcal like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I told one of my coworkers 6 weeks ago that the Steelers were the most overrated 11-0 team in history. They proved me right by self destructing for the first 15 minutes yesterday. I wasn't a bit surprised the Browns beat them. That said, the Saints had better not take the Bucs lightly. I don't think they will.