Saints' Sean Payton glad Orgeron is gone.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

10 yards a game isn't note worthy

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

OMG, who cares about phucking stats.

I don't care if the Saints had only 1 more yard rushing in 06 than this year. In 06 the Saints ran the ball when it counted...3rd and short plus being able to run out the clock, again see Philly playoff game.

The Saints don't have that ability at all right now. See Denver, Washington, both Tampa games, etc.

Towards the end of this season, Payton admitted that he wished his offense was more balanced. And that sometimes he has to keep his own self in check cause he wants to pass to much. So, if he's smart, he goes get a power back to go with pierre thomas and get our running game back.

1 person likes this.
  3. DownOnTheBayou

:huh::huh::huh:

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Listen, Payton made mistakes this year and may not have made the wisest decisons in certain situations (what Saints coach has?), but I've never felt more confident that the Saints have the ability to play with anyone in the league. That's not something we, as Saints fans, are used to. Just give the man a year or two more then bash him. I believe he'll get us back to the playoffs.

5. DownOnTheBayou

Im not saying fire the man, I just wish he would get back to running the ball like he did in 06. And Im not talking stats, but the ability to run the ball at money time....the end of the game and crucial 3rd and short to keep a drive alive.

And with a horrible defense such as ours, running some clock and keeping them off the field won't hurt either. Now I will be pissed if SP doesn't address the defense this off-season, especially the DC. Gibbs has to go.

And i wasn't refering to you as an "idiot", that was towards the two stat guys.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Hopefully, Payton will get fired after next season and we'll be lucky enough to have Holmgren or Cowher as the coach.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

7. DownOnTheBayou

Not Holmgren.

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I do have to correct one of my statements from earlier, it does look like the Cardinals might win a playoff game. :)

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Fulmer???

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wasnt bashing him for hiring gramattica. he is a kicker. You cant blame kickers for anything, what happened the whole game before it came down to kicks? and i was trying to use the same paramaters you used against me. Look, payton got brees, wonderful. payton was the coach when the saints got the playoff bye with a 10-6 record in a horrible NFC. They beat Philly, great game, went and got slaughtered by Chicago in Chicago, whom i might add they cannot beat, even when Chicago stinks. Congrats Payton on your 1 playoff win. The same amount of playoff wins as Haslett (and Haslett did it with freakin aaron brooks.) You guys said it yourself, saints had the best offense in the league, and finished last in the division, and was knocked out of the playoff run in week what...14? like i said earlier, i guess when you are a saints fan, mediocrity is pretty sweet. All i know is that Mike Shanahan is out there, and i would jump on it.