Saints schedule from here on out....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, i only see 3 real tests from here on out, maybe 4. Both Atlanta games, New England, and possibly Dallas, but they are really suspect, and New Orleans owns the Cowboys as of late. Based on what i have seen of the Saints this year, all of their games from here on out can be won.

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You're skipping Miami, which I think is the toughest game of the year so far.

The wildcat is an X factor, and Miami is a place where teams go to die. They almost beat Indy and they should have on that Monday night game.

I would easily replace the home game vs Dallas with this Miami game, and I would then totally agree with your assessment.

Get past Miami, and we're probably looking at a 10-0 Saints club facing the 8-2 Pats on Monday Night Football. Great storyline there, with the Pats trying to defend their 16-0 season.

3. LaSalleAve

I totally forgot Miami, that is going to be a tough game for the Defense, and on the road. I would definitely put them on that list, i think the Saints will be able to force Chad Henne to beat them, but i see the Saints putting up alot of points on a struggling Miami defense. Saints can force Miami to be one dimensional and thats not good for Miami.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

when they flashed the schedule last monday night for the fins, I realized this was not a good matchup for the saints and was thinking id be happy with a split in the next two games.

either the giants or miami.

miami is committed to the wildcat unlike other teams. they are mauling people upfront and will be a huge test for the saints. henne just adds another dimension and ronnie brown is rolling.

i agree this will be their toughest situation on the schedule thus far. not necessarily the best team but on the road after a huge win against the supposed superbowl contenders is going to be a challenge.

saints should win if they dont turn the ball over. if we jump on them early we can force them to abandon the wildcat which is what needs to happen.

or else its going to be one of those too close for comfort games.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Henne is coming off of his best game last week and will only go downhill from there. The New Orleans defense is where young quarterbacks go to die. I'm worried about their run game against us but I think they should be more worried about our pass offense against them.

6. tirk

henne has started like 2 games.

pretty sure he has room to improve.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

You're missing the point. He went 20-26 for 2 TD's and 0 INT's last week against the Jets defense and made some very clutch throws. He's not going to stay that good every week. He will only go downhill, especially as a young QB. Unless you still think he'll improve...go ahead

8. tirk

so he will never play better than last week if he plays 10 more years.

this week is a part of those 10 years. not sure i agree with this reasoning.

9. LaSalleAve

Chad Henne is getting his first playing time this season, but look at Mark Sanchez who is also getting his first playing time, even though Henne has been in the system for a year, Sanchez looked like the NFL was just going to be simple for him, he got better week after week, and then against Buffalo this past weekend throws 5 picks. Even good defenses can make Tom Brady look silly. Henne looked good against the Jets, and the future looks bright, but don't look for him to be 20-26 with almost 300 yards 2 tds and no picks week in and week out.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You said you weren't a Saints fan, but you are.