Saints learning to win under Sean Payton

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 16, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Week 1 - Up 19-14 and Cleveland at midfield, Bullocks intercepts the ball with less than 2 minutes remaining to seal the victory
    Week 2 - Saints commit 3 early turnovers to spot the Packers a 13-0 lead only to come back and win 34-27
    Week 4 - Saints fail to build upon and subsequently hold onto a 10-7 4th quarter lead and fall to the Panthers 21-18
    Week 5 - Saints offense sputtering much of 2nd half, Reggie Bush returns a punt for the game winning TD late in the 4th quarter
    Week 6 - A 17-3 halftime lead evaporates against an extremely talented Eagles team, but the Saints come back with a dramatic last second FG to spoil the day for McNabb and company

So you tell me, with 5 games up for grabs deep into the 4th quarter, the Saints have come out on top in 4 of them. Now you can re-read the thread title again. Enjoy the rest of the season.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

tiger's den?

i'm surprised at you

3. islstl

I just looked for the thread in the Pro Sports forum and said "what the hell, where did it go?"

Moderator, please move it...thanks in advance

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

totally agree. I just hope this is only the beginning and not a repeat like haslet. Remember his first year was the same as this one. And he did it with a lot of injuries as well. And we all know it was down hill from there.

5. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

The Saints will start losing more games very soon. Fans just need to realize that its not any coaches or players faults. 2nd half of season is extremely difficult for a young, slightly above average team. These teams are just so much more talented. A good example was the Carolina game. Saints played fairly well, but more talent beat them.

I just hope we can ride this high until the end of the season, so a possibility of playoff berth or a great 9 or 10 win season. Remember, Saints were expected to win 4 or 5 this year. Great season so far!

6. islstl

The key to the rest of the season is to win these next 2 games. Baltimore at home, with an ailing QB and a replaced OC. Take advantage. Also, Tampa Bay on the road. They are playing better now, but we have got to rattle the young upstart QB this time around. Look for a much more aggressive rush scheme.

Win these 2 and we're 7-1. At that point, we could go 4-4 and still end up with 11 wins.