Saints Free Agency Priority

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 17, 2009.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Re: Free Agency-Saints Priority

Agree thats how it always is with the Saints. Still think they should bring in a veteran CB at a bargain rate or what some teams do turn a veteran CB to a FS.

2. pjnchamps

FA CB Philip Bucannon signs with the Lions

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I started a Jabari Greer thread, so we don't clog this one up too much.

4. pjnchamps

I think signing Charlie Batch as a veteran back up would be better than even thinking about talking to piano man definitely wouldn't cost much.

5. pjnchamps

What are the Defensive FA you would like to see the Saints sign that will improve their team? Or even trades you would like to see them make?

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'll be happy if we can ink either Sensabaugh or Darren Sharper. Would like to give Derrick Brooks a look if we could get him cheap.

Would love to see the Saints trade down from 14 and pick up a second rounder if possible.

7. pjnchamps

I'll be more happy with Sharper because Sensabaugh has baggage and not proven. What Position would you like Derrick Brooks to play? I would like the Saints to bring in Roy W. or Cato June for a visit regarding the OLB Position and a veteran CB. Does anybody know anything if they were still thinking about moving Mike to FS?

8. DarkHornet

I didn't realize Brooks played Middle Linebacker. I'd say I'd like him if he could play outside linebacker, but if not I would mind looking at Cato. Not to eager to go after Roy Williams unless it was at OLB. We already have a cheaper Roy Williams on the team named Roman Harper: great hitter, can't cover jack.

I haven't heard anything about moving Mike McKenzie to FS from anyone other than fans, have the Saints been on record as saying they'd consider it?

9. DarkHornet

I have to say, this has been the most excited I've been at this stage of Free-Agency in a long time. It may just be because I'm following it more closely than in the past, but I'm really liking what the Saints have done so far. We've done something to address every glaring need except FS and OLB #2 so far. Add that to getting Gregg Williams, and I'm starting to get a little anxious for next season.

And we haven't even had the draft yet!! If they can sign Sharper or Sensabaugh, I think the Saints suddenly are in a position to take the best player availabe at #14.

10. pjnchamps

Definietly agree Dark Hornet if they sign a safety and could sign Cato June they would be able to draft Best Player Available whether that be Oline,DT,OLB, CB or offensive playmaker. Regarding Roy I can't see any team bringing him in as a Safety has to be OLB.