Saints at Patriots

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 8, 2013.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yes but I was looking for the ref behind Brady which isn't shown and also the circled safety standing still.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Fox circled the safety, the .gif is from their replay of the touchdown, and they were talking about the coverage. Not surprising at all, they also failed to see the holding.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

On the last play of the game, the refs never call holding or pass interference.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Nor should they unless it's absolutely blatant like in this case.

stevescookin likes this.
  5. tirk

Saints gave the ball back to Brady 3 times in 3 minutes. Blaming refs here is weak as fuck. Own it. Move on. Excuses are for losers. Like the previous 40 years of saints regimes.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, I've acknowledged that. Also pointing out one of many calls NE got away with.

7. tirk

Didn't mean you per se. Just hate excuses when we give the game away. It's all on us.

8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

So it seems the Pats used the same illegal "push" in their win over us last week that they got penalized for this week. Apparently, the refs didn't notice (I mean he's only 10 feet directly behind the guilty players) it or just weren't really that into enforcing the rule. But someone noticed it and the Jets staff was well aware of it. Seems Ryan told the refs to watch for it on the 56 yd FG attempt and they got called for it. Think Rob was pissed about the loss and called his brother and told him to keep this one in his pocket in case he really needed it?

[​IMG]

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A caller on maddog radio made the point today that, although it was the first time the Pats got called on that penalty, its highly unlikely it was the first time they did it. Thanks for the proof.

10. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

They have been doing it all season long on every attempt. The same 2 players. Yesterday was the first time time's ever been called for some reason. The rule just went into effect this season.