Saints 3-0 Man oh Man

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Sep 25, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i remember the saints going 5-0 to start the season then not making the playoffs. that was awesome.

saints are 8 pt dogs i believe.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah 1993 I think it was, the start of the decline of the Mora era.

We were winning with smoke and mirrors that year with Chrissy Evert at the helm. I remember the power rankings had us as the #1 team that year going into week 6. We went into Pittsburgh and got slaughtered. Our vaunted defense was getting long in the tooth and was not nearly as effective as anticipated. Our offense sucked. It was downhill from there and an 8-8 season (I think Joe Theisman and the Redskins had the exact same thing happen to them in the late 70s).

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

GOOD! Just like with LSU I LOVE FLYING UNDER THE RADAR

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Ironic how Stallworth may miss the game with an injured hammy. Figures.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I forgot how much I hated him. Wow, was he a horrible OC, did he have compromising pictures of Mora or something because there is no way he should've been able to keep his job.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

At the Playoff game against Philly in the Dome, me and my dad went. We sat in the plaza section and there was this sweet old lady sitting in the seat next to me. By the 4th quarter words were coming from that lady that I had no idea existed. We were right next to the walk way that teams uses to go to the lockerroom. Anyway after Bobby flipped off the endzone this old lady went off. I was crying I was laughing so hard. At the end of the game we are all at the railing yelling and booing the coaches she takes a FULL WARM BEER and I kid you not dumps it right on Carl Smiths head. It was a thing of beauty.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I never really was a Saints "fan". I've always hoped for them to do well, and have been to many games. But for some reason, I don't have a passion for the NFL in general. No team has ever been able to just grab me and hook on to my attention. I truly hope they have a great year, and I will be rooting for them the whole way, they just will never pass up the Tigers in my book.

P.S. did anyone else hear that the game was the highest rated ESPN telecast ever?

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

wow, that is classic! he musta looked even ugglier with that gray brillo pad hairdo all wet

That has to rank up there as the 2nd biggest collapse in an NFL playoff game, only behind the Oilers/Bills game, of course.

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Yes. I heard that this morning on the news. Also the highest ratings for any show that night. 10.8 million viewers

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've got one foot back on the bandwagon, but I still fear it's fools' gold.