Saints 3-0 Man oh Man

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Sep 25, 2006.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

It's already happening. I've worked at UNO since 2001 and I've never seen so many students and teachers wearing Saint's stuff. I told my buddy that works here last week this would happen. I hate bandwagoners. I just want to run up to them and rip the Saints clothes right off of them. Especially the hot college chicks. :wink:

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Getting past the emotional part of the game (yes, I know emotions were part of the reason the Saints played so well), the Saints had a good game plan and executed well in all three phases of the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see Reggie Bush running tween the tackles. Would be awesome for him to become a triple threat, inside run, outside run or pass. Drew Brees is a very good QB, good enough to lead the Saints to the playoffs. Brooks bashing aside, it is enjoyable to see an effective QB on the field helping the Saints get first downs and accurately putting the ball in the receivers hands. Call me a bandwagoner if you want to and rip the Saints shirt I intend to purchase for Sunday's game off of my back, but I am a Saints fan (again) !

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

So in other words you are a hot college chick!! :lol: I'm not saying it's bandwagoning to wear a Saints shirt for games, hell I do that every time they play. All I ask is if you didn't wear saints gear to work or around town before, then don't wear it now because they are doing well. This may make you seem like a bandwagoner. And since you said Saints fan (again), by the definition below you are exluded from the banwagon.

Per the Urban Dictionary
    Bandwagoner: A fan of a particular sports team who had no previous interest in the team until they began winning. They often will claim that they have been "a fan forever." You must discredit them on every statement they make.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The Saints were founded when I was two years old. As a kid, I grew up a Saints fan and actually saw them play in the old Tulane Stadium. Thus, by definition, I have had my heart broken and legs cut out from under me countless times. I enjoyed the Jim Mora ("No commen, means no comment") and Bobby "T-Bob's Dad" Hebert years. At some point, I don't remember when, I stopped putting any emotions in the Saints b/c it became too frustrating. I have to admit that last night was the first night that I was actually pulling for them to win almost as hard as I pull for LSU. Hopefully I will continue to pull for them b/c I honestly would like to see a franchise in Louisiana succeed.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Easily the best Coach-QB combo in Saints history. Oh, I miss those days, granted I was like 7 when Hebert went to the damn Falcons but I still miss them.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Who knows. Payton and Brees may best them.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they have as many playoff wins (zero) and less losses (zero) with the saints as mora and hebert which is already better.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think the first real test, without all the emotion on our side as it was vs. Atlanta (did they really stand a chance?) is going to be this week on the road against a tough Carolina team.

It's gonna be a grind it out game in which the team who makes the least mistakes wins. We go 4-0, playoffs would be a certainty. The next 2 games following are at home (Tampa and Philly) and are clearly win-able before we break for the bye week. 5-1 would be sweet, although 6-0 is feasible.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

We have always played very well in Carolina so I am not that worried about this game.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Take Away Carl Smith and we SHOULD have had a Super Bowl team.