RIP Captain Phil - The Deadliest Catch

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Kurtis Bleaux, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Yeah, many think so... he's a strict captain who does things HIS way. That should be no surprise in that business. Still, that is part of what makes the show entertaining.

Speaking of... I found the article Krypto might have been talking about...
    Deadliest Catch Hold-Outs 'Likely' To Return

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I wonder what the rest of the crab captains think about these prima donnas.

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

You mean on the show or in general? For me, I don't care. Those are the crews that i like. If they are not on, then neither is my TV.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yep i liked phil the best by a long shot and enjoy watching Sig even though hes miserable because the relationship between him and his bro is compelling. Edgars in bad shape with his back but moreso mentally because hes sick of sig.

hes checked out like jj. is anyone taking over the Time Bandit?

im sure this time away has made him forget temporarily how bad it was. much like brett favre each year, its hard to turn down that money and fame.

I never could stand that keith dude. and really cannot stand that wild bill guy. unwatchable.

strictly bidness. they prolly all want in. its a decent gig.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

The Hillstrand bros are my favorites simply because I think they would be the most fun to work for. I also like/liked Phil. I really don't like that new captain they featured last year, Bill I think. He just seemed lost and had no leadership qualities that I could see Sig is growing on me though I'd hate to work for him. Hope the regulars come back for the new season.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I think its time for some new blood on the show. You can only watch em catch crab so long before it becomes monotonous. If it wasnt for Phil dying last year my interest was waning. They need to bring back those stoners from the Rollo who swung around like tarzan on the boom. Maybe even that punk kid Blake so everyone could make fun of him. Find some other charachters to take on different angles.

It wouldnt break my heart to see Keith gone. He's a suck azz who puts on and didnt fit in with the other personalities. Wild Bill was about as boring as could be. With a name like that I expected some hilarity but he was vanilla.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think they are giving up the boat. They will still fish, just won't be part of the show.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I think he's referring to last season when Johnathan and Andy were trying to determine which one of the deck crew was capable of stepping up and taking over as captain. It was unrelated to the recent issue with Discovery Channel.

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Statement from Captains Sig Hansen and Johnathan & Andy Hillstrand : Discovery Press Web

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village