Rick Perry

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

its the chicken and egg debate solved---investment always comes first then jobs. Investment is the prime mover in job creation.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

He will never understand this. I don't even bother anymore.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Thus, it is inherently NOT a Ponzi scheme. No fraud, no deception, transparent operation.

Perry's terminology is a lie designed to mislead people like it almost mislead you. Liars will lie again. I wouldn't trust Perry now if he told me my name was Red. You were right when you said that mismanagement is a problem with social security, but overgenerous benefits for the income provided is the main problem. He could have said either of those things with no criticism from me or most people.

But to suggest that an established government program that millions are counting on as a "Ponzi Scheme" connotes a fraudulent attempt by the government to cheat the citizens, which is untrue. It suggests that social security is bound to collapse, which is untrue.

As long as you shoot down every little thing that Obama does, yes. I'm the counterbalance to your obsessiveness.

I'm delighted to agree with Karl Rove (to my great astonishment). Rick Perry is the ticket to four more years of Obama.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's called exaggeration for effect.

5. red55

It is not. Consumer spending is. Even big business will tell you that they are waiting on spending to pick up before hiring. They are sitting on huges sums of cash and hiring nobody. New investments go right onto that pile (and into bonuses and dividends). They won't hire until business picks up--bottom line.

But it is a circular problem. More people need to be working and getting more pay to spend more and create more jobs. This is why a stimulus is sometimes needed to get that wheel turning faster.

6. red55

I say potato, you say potahto. I think he stepped on his pecker with this one.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

right because money for a stimulus comes from narnia, not the same taxpayers who need and create jobs.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe to left leaning "moderates".

9. red55

It comes from the growing economy, Lucy Pevensey.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This really highlights that yo do not understand how investment drives job growth. Job creation is driven by the small business community, and they require investment to grow and hire. Taxation decreases the pool of funds available. People having their own money is always supperior to the government having people's money.