Rick Perry

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 15, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I asked for an example that tax cuts, by nature, create jobs. Not martinian philosophy or republican talking points. I think you can't do it because there is simply no one-to-one correlation there.

If it were, why after ten years of Bush tax cuts are so many unemployed? Because the problem is not a simple as you are.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It wasn't an article. It was a video of candidate Obama vilifying Bush for spending money we don't have and running up a $4 Trillion debt. I just thought you would have some spin on that. I guess not. Meanwhile, on the "don't trust Obama" front:

Marxism in America - Lt. Gen. (Ret.) W.G. "Jerry" Boykin Video |

3. red55

This guy has a spiel filled with lies, misstatements, and misleading suggestions. But I can't debate him. Here are his six points that he says shows that America is turning into a Marxist country.

1. Bailouts
    2. Redistribution of wealth
    3. Discredit the opoosition
    4. Censorship
    5. Gun ownership
    6. Establishment of a Constabulary Force to rival the military

OK, so you are now free to argue any of these points using his logic, his sources, or your own ideas (assuming you have some).

Then I will demolish them. With ease.

4. SabanFan

1 & 2, yes. His conclusions are contrived, however 3 thru 6 are grounded in fact. I am not going to debate General Boykin's statements with you other than to say I won't reject them out of hand.

What about Obama's hypocrisy (candidate vs. President)? Stumped?

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You radical far right nut job! You have to be a Tea Party loon. Red won't be inviting you for tea and crumpets at the next Nancy Pelosi suck fest. People keeping the money they earned, who ever heard of such craziness?

6. red55

I reject them all out of hand.

3. Discredit the opposition? That is politics 101. If this is a sign of Marxism, then Limbaugh is a Marxist, Hitler was a Marxist, and Moses was a Marxist.

4. Censorship? What censorship? This kook thinks that hate crimes laws are aimed at "pastors" and constitute government censorship. What a crock!

5. Gun ownership? The kook says that Obama supports the UN small arms treaty which will put the UN in control of private US weapons. "how we control them, who is authorized to own them, and where they are", he says. Well, this is an outright lie. First of all, such a treaty hasn't been drafted yet, it is merely a concept which is currently in the discussion stage. Secondly, it has nothing to do with the sale of small arms in the US, it concerns international trade by tightening controls to prevent arms from flowing to criminals and terrorists across borders.

6. The kook is way off base here when he declares that Obama is trying to establish a paramilitary like Hitlers brown shirts "that will control the citizens of America". This is an outright lie. He refers to a section of the Health Care Law that establishes a US public health service reserve component to supplement the 6500 US public health service commissioned professionals in times of emergencies like =hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes. A coupl eof thousand extra doctors, dentists, nurses, med tech, EMTs, and pharmacists, etc. No paramilitary, no million-man force. It is a total crock of chit.

You sir, will believe anything you read that supports your pre-existing biases and you don't even bother to check and see if any of it is true.

It's a friggin campaign speech! I can show you similar ones for any politician out there. They will say anyting to put down the other candidate.

I'll tell you something else. These Republicans with their no-tax pledges and balanced budget demands are going to back off all of that if they get back in office. Balanced budget will be the first to go. They want obama burdened with these things, but just like the last republicans, once in office, they rape and plunder.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

because bush spent too much and because america is so rich that all our manufacturing jobs are leaving because our workers refuse to work for low salaries.

again, poor people do not exist here.

8. red55

translation: tax cuts do not translate to jobs.

9. SabanFan

Spin. Pure and simple. You can't handle the truth.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Translation:taxing people into poverty does not create jobs.