Repealing the First Amendment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jan 11, 2021.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

what happens when the INTERNET, whoever they are, decides to shut speech down. Trumps can't get his message out. Everyone who has a new left message, before and after him, can get their message out but where does he go?

It may all be legal and whatever. I don't know. It seems fuck up that people shut down an alternative view. Not necessary my view, Trumps can suck it, but another view. I bet that if Trumps had control of the internet stuff, he would shut shit down also.

This is a ridiculous fight over who gets to say what. It used to be that people can have an opinion. It is why the new left got to express their opinion. Now there is a shut down of language and opinion.

Not saying anything about the constitution but, these new lefters, are really trying to shut speech down in a dramatic way.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

There is PLENTY of free speech on Twitter and Facebook. What they shut down were trump's racist rants and his incitements for violence.

3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

You haven't read a lot of my posts, I hate Trump. Have for a long time BUT, he did a great job as president. Pre Covid every aspect of commerce and every segment of the population was doing better. BTW Trump is an asshole but not a racist.

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Trump worked his ass off for you and America for 4 years. You need to show Trump a little love. Say something nice about Trump. Then i'll say something nice about Biden.

The real truth, that no one acknowledges, is that the battle is always between good vs good, not good vs evil. Both sides think they're bringing the greatest good.

Perple likes this.
  5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Worked his ass off? You're kidding, right? He was the laziest mofo that ever stepped foot in the White House, as evidenced by his constant golf trips, tv watching, and twittering.

He inherited a Cadillac economy from Obama and managed to f**k that up by allowing Covid to devastate it.

And, yes, he IS quite definitely a racist and white supremacist. Aside from his many racist tweets and Facebook posts there's his history, for example, of housing discrimination against black people.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

virus was gonna fuck everyone on earth, not much you could do about it.

biden is the one trying to blow up the universe with inflation, which hurts people of color the most, because effectively inflation is a very regressive tax on cash-holding low income follks. rich whites like us own investments, not cash.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

There's a battle between what's good for the middle and lower classes and what's good for the mega-rich.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Yes, it's certainly true that inflation hurts everyone, but the broader picture justifies that one element. Better roads, better bridges, better internet access, better healthcare coverage, better educational opportunities, better job opportunities... make that minus less significant.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021