Reggies Bush saves Saints from potential disaster loss

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 8, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The DC for the Saints was out to lunch in today's game.

There was not 1 blitz called for until the last series against the Semi-pro Buccaneers today.

That's ridiculous. They let the rookie sit back there all pretty and comfortable all day long and it came pretty close to ruining the day for the Saints until Saint Reggie took matters into his own hands.

The kid is special. I think he knew something was up, cuz he kept asking for the crowd noise as he awaited the punt that he would return for the winning score.

Not looking forward to playing the Eagles, after watching the defense get shredded by a rookie QB.

But at least we're 4-1.

I think the Eagles game will determine what direction this team will be headed after the Bye week, when the schedule gets decidedly tougher. PS - I wish the Saints had a real Tight End.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

There probably should have been a lot more blitzes called. Even still, you had to be impressed by the rookie QB. He never made a mistake. Cadillac Williams also looked better than he had all year. Me, I'm going to enjoy the win and not linger on the bad stuff today. The Saints defense has been overachieving up to this point this season, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As for the punt return, that will go into Saints lore. The way he pumped the crowd up before the punt made it feel like he was calling his shot. I haven't seen him do that until then. Maybe he will be a little looser now with that gorilla off his back.

3. islstl

I agree, it's as if he knew it was going to happen.

That was sweet.

Also, most punt returners have to dodge the punter as the last line of defense. But on this occasion, it almost seemed like the punter was still at about the same spot as where he punted the ball by the time Reggie came streaking past him. Reggie was basically a blur.

This is a big one. I think now that Reggie has gotten that out of the way, he's really going to be hell on opposing defenses from here on out.

It was also nice to see the "old" Deuce today. I think the injuries are behind him now. He has his confidence back.

Should be a high scoring affair next week. I'll take a 34-31 win, thank you.

4. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

Ya, I called it right after Bush's punt return for a TD. Said we're gonna see that over and over again. BUT we didn't see Duece light TB up. I am still amazed that Bush is a Saint and Chris Berman is still on his knees for him. Even tho each week this season Berman has made comments like "The Saints are 3-0?, The Saints at 4-1?,"... We can't even get credit when we deserve it from ESPN. None of them freaken "Experts" have picked the Saints yet this year (unless they picked them over TB, I missed the picks this weekend).

F a ESPN...

5. islstl

Oh by the way, it's the first time in my 30 or so years of watching football to see offsetting pass interference calls.

That made no sense. And it almost cost the Saints.

6. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Thunder & Lightning

Went to the game yesterday. Had the same thoughts as to why the defense didn't put on more stunts/blitzes. Saints pulled it out and got to see Reggie score his first NFL TD! Thought it was going to be called back when I saw that flag laying on the field.

Deuce ended up with 123 rushing yds and broke one for around 60. Reggie had 161 all purpose yds (23 rush, 63 receiving, and 75 return). Bush also lead the NFL w/ 34 catches.

THUNDER

[​IMG]

LIGHTNING
    [​IMG]

7. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Re: Thunder & Lightning

of course the one game i miss because of away game travel, reggie scores his first

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Conwell caught a TD pass Sunday.... what do ya want? Shockey? Solja?

The Eagles and Vikings are our nemesis.

9. islstl

Well Conwell is just useless. I can't believe he even caught that pass and scored. I still wanna know what happened to Zach Hilton? Didn't make much sense to cut him.

Brees loves to throw to his TE, and we don't have one to throw to. It showed again on Sunday, and we are limited at the WR spot. I just think it's going to catch up to us. Thank goodness we have Drew Brees. Dude is truly a winner.

But until then, keep winning Saints!

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He's a Haslett player that simply wasn't that good. He is too tall to play football.

Maybe we attack that position in the draft next year.