Reggie Bush- Mr. Underappreciated

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by jrfayard, Aug 21, 2009.

1. jrfayard

jrfayard jrfayard

What up Everyone, I'm new to this site and just joined this afternoon. I'm here to talk Saints football with anyone who gives a damn. With that said I want to talk about Reggie!.... 4th year in the league he is do for a breakout season. To all the haters out there of Bush, you need to get a whif of the sniffing salt and wake-up. He fell into the Saints laps 4 years ago when Houston decided on Mario Williams. Thank God! He is the most exciting player in the league and opponents fear him as soon as they see the Saints on their schedule. Its time to move on for those of you who want him to be an inside the tackle running back, thats just not him. It doesnt mean he isnt dangerous. He is a game changer and theres nothing better than being in the dome when he gets loose and all of you know what im talking about! If Mario Williams would have come to the Saints he would have been a complete failure to this point working under Gary Gibbs. We would probably be comparing him to that joke of a pick in Johnathan Sullivan and predicting a bust at this point. For all you Saints fans out there critical of Bush just keep in mind what he brings to the table, not what he doesn't. Give me feedback and lets get this thread heated up. Who Dat!

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

OVER RATED, clap clap clap clap clap, OVER RATED, clap clap clap clap clap. he still has a lot to prove for being an overall # 2 draft pick in my opinion, one thing is being able to stay healthy a whole season.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Fayard....that's what I'm talkin' about, dog. Love the passion. I agree with you that Reggie is a game changer. I was excited when I heard that he broke it off with whats-her-tits, but I heard the other day that they are back together. Celebrity girlfriends don't work in the NFL. It makes players softer than Kim Kardasians thick a$$ booty. But you are right. Reggie scares the eff out of DC's and opposing defenses. That being said, we seemed to be better last year without him. I don't know if it was b/c Reggie was trying to do too much or if the play calling just got too ridiculous or what...but that is the observation that I made.

I'm certainly not saying that there is a better tailback on the team. I'm just stating mere observations. When Reggie breaks one, I'm his biggest fan. When he gets beat to the corner 3 times in a row for a 3 and out, I can also be his biggest critic.

I look forward to watching Reggie and this high-octane offense handle folks this season. I'm ready for some football. Let's get this party started, playa.SaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogoSaintslogo

Oh yeah, and welcome to the board. Your feedback is needed. To the rest of you...jrfayard is my boy. Take it easy on the kid.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

If he doesn't want to be underappreciated, then maybe he should stop sucking.

5. Cajun Sensation

I wouldn't say he SUCKS.

Jason David SUCKS.

Jeremy Shockey SUCKS (as a Saint...so far).

Reggie Bush doesn't SUCK......but he just may be overrated (just don't tell jrfayard that!):grin:

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I know he doesn't suck but don't think there aren't at least ten guys in the first round of his draft class that I wouldn't trade him for straight up.

7. Cajun Sensation

OK. Name 'em!

I'm not calling you out....I just want you to school me and convince me that there are 10 guys in his class that are better.:thumb:

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I was glad when we got him in the draft and I've given him time to mature and learn the system.

So far, he's a great punt returner.

I thought (at a minimum) he would force the opponent's DC to go crazy trying to defend him. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a problem for many of them. They've allowed us to make a few plays but not enough to win consistently.

If Reggie can't run between the tackles (which appears to have been proven over the course of several years) how should we use him to 1) justify his contract, and 2) avoid forcing the ball into his hands?

My biggest disappointment is how he reverts back to making college-level decisions. As we've mentioned here before...you can run backwards against Pac-1 teams and still gain 50 yards. You can't do that against NFL teams.

9. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I agree. This is the NFL. When Reggie Bush gets chased down by a 330+lb defensive lineman, it makes me think.....hmmm.....his biggest problem is his decision making, not to mention the fact that the coaching staff isn't using him right. He should NOT be the between the tackles type back. He needs to be in the slot, maybe throw some screen passes to him, as long as he doesn't run backwards they seem to work pretty good. Have you seen him trying to pass block? WTF? Looks like Deion Sanders trying to tackle Andre Rison. Scared to hit. Scared to take a hit. Ridiculous. Not worth the money they're spending on him.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

he is playing against the best of the best now, not those chumps in the Pac-10.
    he can make fresno st. players look stupid, but not professionals.

1 person likes this.