Reggie Bush is Healthy and Hungry

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 2, 2009.

1. clair

clair Rockets

I was wondering, b/c I know you're the person who was always helping me fight those battles.

I just didn't know if there was something you were trying to say or something I was missing. :hihi:

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I blame the defense overall. The Saints had the best offense in the NFL last season. If the defense played just a little better (and had kickers not missed chip shot field goals) the record would've been different.

I'm so sick of people blaming it on Reggie Bush.

3. clair

clair Rockets

Overall, yes, the defense is the big blame.

But why is it:

Bad in the beginning of the season when he gets there, then hot in the middle when he's hurt, then bad again in the end of the season when he gets back?

You would be able to argue that they're just a 2nd half team if not for that, but the house of cards ALWAYS crumbles when he's in the lineup.

Is that just accident? I tend to believe it's not.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Yeah you know it....Have you been watching the T.O. Show..im finding that more people are changing their tunes about him since the show.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i saw 2 episodes. are people that naive? thats the entire reason he did the show was to remake his image which i knew before i saw it.

he visited his sick grandma and cried like an infant. made for good tv and photo-op.

went to his church in alabama. clearly hadnt been there since he was 7 or so. but hey it made all the southern folk watching all warm and fuzzy about him.

and for the re-imaging 101 trifecta, he visited his old high school and the kids. even told them his coach had his cell and hes a phone call away. hes there for everyone.

he cries more in that show than dick vermeil at an onion farm.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I don't think it has anything to do with him. Last season he was on pace to have his best season yet until he got hurt halfway through and was pretty much done for the season. Like I said before, the defense and our kicking game was to blame for last season.

7. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Not so fast my friend.

While the defense was horrible, if the Saints were affective at running the ball, they would've have won at least 3 more games.

The games where the kicking game screwed us wouldn't have come to that if the Saints could've run the clock out.

Point being, you can have a great defense and special teams, but if you can't run the ball you won't be successful. I pray to God that Peyton finally realizes that this year. I'm sick of the cute offense.

8. clair

clair Rockets

Best season?

If your best season as a home run back is when you average 40 yards rushing a game and 3.8 yards per carry, then what does that say?

Dude was nothing more than a good punt returner last year -- as usual.

9. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

He was getting better as the season wore on. Bottom line is that he was a threat everytime he was on the field. And the Saints have never treated him as their "home run back". But I'm not going to continue this argument because it's going nowhere.

10. clair

clair Rockets

Game 1: 14 carries, 51 yards
    Game 2: 10 carries, 28 yards
    Game 3: 18 carries, 73 yards

Total: 42 carries, 152 carries

Game 4: 10 carries, 31 yards
    Game 5: 12 carries, 29 yards
    Game 6: 14 carries, 27 yards

Total: 36 carries, 87 yards

Progression?

Don't look like it there.

He did play well the last 2-3 games of the season he played, though. That I do give you.

I agree that the defense and other factors are to blame a lot, too, but a #2 pick overall in the draft should have more output than Reggie's had and he's a big disappointment, whether people want to admit it or not.

Dude has the same number of fumbles, 12, as he does rushing touchdowns for his career.