Guns Really.... NRA

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 11, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It should never be forgotten that, despite their self-serving rhetoric, the NRA does not represent gun owners, they represent the gun industry. Huge difference. They will never support anything that might result in people buying fewer guns and less ammo.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like you I only carry openly when it seems judicious and yes to carry openly just to be doing it in a public place does make somebody seem a bit nutty but I still support the right to do it. Its just as legal for chuches, schools, stores, places that sell alcoholic beverages to refuse to allow anyone openly carrying to enter their premises.

Your old duffer looks like a victim for sure without a weapon. He may look like a potential victim even with it but he looks less like a victim with it than without it. It may have already caused some potential perps to think its not worth taking the chance. The old coot might surprise everybody with his quick draw and deadly accurate shooting.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You're correct but they call out the fanatics who are shown in the media. The NRA is using its position similar to AARP using its position to sell insurance. Neither is truly serving its perceived constituency but their own interest for $$$$.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am a member of the NRA and the one thing they do that I don't like is that they spend more money than I send them for printing and postage on the mail solicitations they send to ME! Hell, spend that money soliciting new members, not somebody who already agrees with them.

5. red55

They send them to me, too. I return each postage paid envelope empty. Make them pay for it twice.

6. red55

They call out some of them and promote others.