Radical Islamic Terrorist attack on gay nightclub in Orlando (50 killed, 53 injured)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Jun 12, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's what you are doing by suggesting that THIS event is what should drive any sort of policy change to the Bill of Rights.

There are already restrictions for this. How many of the mass killers were felons prior to purchasing their guns?

After Sandy Hook, thirty-seven states increased their mental health spending, restoring most of the $4.35 billion cut from state mental health funds in the last four years,

The federal government boosted spending on mental health facilities and providers by $100 million. Half of that amount was to go to community mental health centers to help people living with mental illness or addiction. The other half to go to developing mental health services in rural areas.

About 80% of those on watch lists are foreigners who can't buy guns. I missed the stories about terrorists buying guns in America. When did that happen?

We aren't doing "nothing". We just aren't doing what YOU want. What you suggest will not prevent what you think. Solve the right problem. Guns aren't it.

The purpose was to restrict the government from further intrusion or limiting the people. What you suggest is an expansion of government control.....against what the Bill of Rights was aimed at. We have laws. The guns used in mass killings were all purchased legally. Even the Sandy Hook killer had them legally and experts testified that from a psychological standpoint, he passed assessments with flying colors.

How would it stop other killers when none of what you suggest would have stopped almost ALL of the mass killers on record? In several cases, family members could have stepped in but they didn't. Until we can expect that sort of work from citizens, why are you asking everyone else to "do something".

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

San Bernardino and orlando

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Neither were on watch lists. Neither were living in foreign countries. Both were citizens....Orlando killer was born here and due to his job had no problems buying a gun that he was licensed to carry.

In both of these instances, there were opportunities for family to tell authorities and stop it....but they didn't. Trump is the only one suggesting harsh sentences if people don't tell.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

None of that changes the fact that you were incorrect, they are terrorists who bought guns in America.

" I missed the stories about terrorists buying guns in America. When did that happen?" - you

San Bernardino and Orlando.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Do me a favor, southern gun toting amigos.

I have heard some friends say that lives would have been saved if AR15 was not legal.

Not knowing shit about guns, i immediately wonder if this is true, and why couldn't somebody just carry 3 high powered pistols, each with a massive clip of the most badass ammo, and plenty more clips, couldn't they just kill the same way.

So, I ask, given the close range slaughter inside a bar or music venue or whatever indoor crowded soft target, does an ar15 up the body count?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You may not know shit about guns but you know the answer to your own question. You must have some southern gun toting DNA.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you have stupid friends. you know enough about guns and what semiautomatic means. quit pretending youre from ny.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It could have been worse with a tactical shot gun with a drum. They also make high powered pistols with high capacity clips.

I say pistols are more dangerous in that they are easier to conceal.

Outside of wearing a trench-coat, people will know if you are carrying an AR15.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The answer is any novice gunsmith can easily file the sear on most any weapon and make it full auto, something the AR15 is not. If someone wants to kill they will find a way which is why people should be very careful about what they voluntarily give away.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I know what semi automatic means.

Doesn't a rifle hit harder, do more damage, etc?

I do tend to agree with myself that pistols are gonna kill just as much.