Probe alleges Les Miles paid off to make sexual harassment go away

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Liking Leslie's record at LSU is worshipping now? But it's ok for a "Cajun man" to beat the shit outta his wife & other women? Hesitate to call him a man really. You gonna post Miles is "Bill Cosby like"? Many dont buy your Liberal "Cancel culture" BS. Difference between Leslie & O is that what O did is criminal. Miles said "inappropriate things", allegedly, may have kissed a woman "against her wishes", allegedly.

O was jailed & had to have multiple restraining orders sworn out against him for stalking, harrassment p & battery. Plus domestic violence. That is public record. at least the heavily modified version O speaks about. You proud of that "Cajun man"? Alleva & LSU hired him.

unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  2. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Youre right, forgot Brady & Aranda really went 14-0 in 2019. Pulling Benji B. logic & removing a bowl win.

You still pulling your "Taint" BS? It's like watching Biden try to climb airplane stairs.

unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Why is it so absurd to say Les did really well at LSU but given everything at his disposal INCLUDING his own ability to coach (which he'd proved could be quite good in most areas) he should have achieved greater success? Substantially so?

He bought into his own hype and ego. The revelations only reinforce this commonly held belief. He was narcissistic in his approach on and off the field at LSU thinking his way would be the right way. The definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over while expecting a different result.

Les never changed at LSU. He got more and more conservative and insular.

Saban has changed. O has changed. Every really high level coach has changed.

Kirby if he doesn't change is Les Miles so far without the title. But you could easily argue a bounce one way and Les has no 2007 title and a bounce another way and Kirby beats Saban for his title. That's the fire you play with. Each man had more talented teams but held them back with their approaches and mindset.

I promise you Saban hates the current style of football he's forced to play today. He tried for years to get it banned and rules changed to no avail.

So he changed. Why? Cause he hates losing FAR more than he hates winning playing that style of wide open anything can happen offensive football.

Les was fine with losing as long as he got to do things his way and his ego was adequately fed.

That's just reality. It's history. You can try to rewrite it all you want, but those of us who lived it aren't blind followers.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I’ll never forget how ungodly and remarkably lucky we got that final weekend in 2007. For a while, I was borderline insecure about the title because it was the only 2-loss championship team of the era. Still haven’t had one since if memory is serving me right.

Brian likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

a bounce one way in the Okie State vs Iowa State game and we probably have a title in 2011 too.

really only one of those games was a surprise.
    all the rest went the way they were projected.

i don’t like being the only 2 loss champ, but that was the craziest year of football i ever saw.

that whole season needs an ESPN 30 for 30 episode. it was like nobody wanted to be in the top 2.
    as soon as they got there they’d lose.

6. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

A few months ago on the college football subreddit, the 2007 season was voted everyone’s favorite. It was pure chaos from start to finish (remember Michigan’s lost to App St week one?).

The fact that LSU was the last team standing at the end of the most insane season of all time is like winning the NC twice in one year.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

To be fair 2007 was perhaps the season that presented the the best opportunity for many of the less thans of CFB to actually snag a title in the modern era.

shane0911 and TBTrumpet like this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i’d forgotten that game was the same year.
    i was thinking teams like Kansas, So Florida, Rutgers each climbing into top 2 or 3 at one point.

Oregon being 1 or 2 pretty late in season, then they QB gets hurt and finish unranked

the fact that none of them did further emphasizes WHY they are the less thans of college football.

shane0911, TBTrumpet and Brian like this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Most LSU folks aren't embarrassed at all, or "Insecure" by winning the National Championship in 2007. We beat the #1 team with the #1 Defense. You might want to look up 1960 Minnesota 8-2, won the NC both AP & Coaches Polls, then lost their bowl game. Still NCs though. LSU has played tOhio State 3 tmes, winning just 1 of the games, the 2007 NCG. 4 TDs by Flynn, 2 to Tight Ends & running up good yardage on the ground as well. Made 1st round RB Beanie Wells have the sad.

unclenick and Brian like this.
  10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

was at the game in Death Valley that ended in a tie back in ‘87.
    9 year old me couldn’t come to grips with a game ending without a winner.
    i was pissed.

Brian, GiantDuckFan and TigerTap like this.