Plaxico Burress to serve 2 years in jail

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Aug 20, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Former Giants star Plaxico Burress accepts plea bargain, will spend two years in jail

Can someone explain to me the severity of this situation that merits what could have been 4-6 years in prison (had he been sentenced after being found guilty as opposed to plea bargaining)?

Where's the justice in Donte Stallworth carrying a weapon of his own, too much phucking alcohol in his system, and driving away and killing a man who was going home to his family? 20 days in jail?

WTF?

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont mind him carrying a gun, NFL players are getting killed and robbed more often than not these days. But dont carry the damn thing in the club where it is illegal, because of the alcohol being served.

I dont know about 2 years, but some time is in order.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The only way he could have escaped time, if he had shot someone in the face during a hunting accident...lol

1 person likes this.
  4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

That seems pretty damn harsh. Plaxico hasnt exactly been a model citizen but I think he is getting shafted here. He didnt hurt anyone but himself and didnt threaten anyone. Sure he was reckless but 2 years?

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The punishment does not fit the crime, IMO.

1 person likes this.
  6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Have to agree with you here, seams like the sentences should be switched. From what I read, the DA in Plex's case demanded the two years. May have to do something with setting a precedent for future cases where he has to deal with really bad characters. Bottom line: Don't be a criminal.

7. islstl

or was involved in an "accidental" drowning of a young woman due to some rather poor driving in a car and not reporting it for several hours

8. islstl

Before now, was there a track record for Plax?

I don't remember there being one.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2 words

RUDY GIULIANI

to me this is waaaaay too harsh a penalty, i mean the dude shot himself, fine him put him on probation, case closed.

10. clair

clair Rockets

I don't want people carrying unregistered guns in public places. And if giving a WR a dozen and a half months in jail (b/c that's what he will actually serve) helps a few people be more responsible with deadly weapons, then bravo.

Plex vs. Stallworth's injustices can be discussed all day, but they are different states, different situations and are irrelevant.

I think Stallworth should have gotten worse, too, but the justice system doesn't work that way.

The New York DA couldn't just say "Oh, Stallworth got this, so Plex has to get ____".