Phelps is a pot head

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2009.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

But lots of people have gotten rich while being really good at something else who just happen to smoke pot. And that's the point. :thumb:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Keep promoting the weed. That'll grease the skids to that big CEO position. :dis:

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I believe that weed should be legal for many reasons - none of which have anything to do with me personally.

It's not a habit of mine. I just find it to be a good discussion.

4. clair

clair Rockets

reportedly, he hasn't -- and won't lose any of them.

SA-WING and a miss, strike-1.

He made a mistake, admitted it and moved on.

Ain't doing nothing that other 23-year olds wouldn't do.

That he has some scar tissue in his personality makes him MORE marketable.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

You mean like any person that has a six figure white collar job that smokes weed and gets randomly drug screened? Or has a DWI? You mean people like that obviously have a pathetic IQ, or did they think they might not get caught?

And he did get a DWI 4 yrs ago, as an underage drinker and did not lose all of his endorsements. He may lose some here now, but he surely won't lose them all. These companies are not complete morons. They know he did not retire, and who do you think the Olympics will focus on next time around?

He got caught. Give him a break.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think he should get another medal if he was stoned while breaking world records. everytime i was stoned swimming all i did was sink to the bottom and giggle underwater. plus that chinese weed must be killer!:lol:

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, surely all are not recommended. I am not aware of head to head studies looking at what is more dangerous, driving while talking on a cellphone vs drinking vs smoking dope. How would you do that study? What is known and studied is that talking on a cell phone leads to more accidents and vehicular incidents/violations. However, there are far more people driving while talking on cell phones (just about everyone, multiple times a day, day after day) vs the less numerous (hopefully) drinking and driving incidents(except in LA:)), thus the statistics are skewed when compared to DWIs and accidents involving drinking. This is why people commonly believe and quote the study that talking on a cell phone is more dangerous than drinking and driving. Certainly, talking on a cell phone while driving creates more opportunities, but I would venture to say that being loaded and driving has the potential to be much more dangerous. If you knew total # of incidents of people talking on a cell phone on a given day vs. the total number of incidents of people being loaded and driving, and divided those by # of incidents of accidents/violations of each, I think you would get a better idea of what is more dangerous, but that information would be difficult to get accurately.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

There have actually been numerous controlled studies to gauge people's driving capabilities under various conditions. It's actually pretty basic from a 'scientific method' stand point. You place people under certain conditions or with certain distractions, and ask them to carry out the same tasks. I saw a pretty funny (unintentionally) video of one in defensive driving school from like the late 60's. It's not based off of statistics, as you seem to think.

Regarding Phelps, should this come as a surprise to anybody? I mean, how in the hell else could you support a 12,000 calorie per day diet???

:hihi:

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-phelps-marijuana&prov=ap&type=lgns

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Oh what a bunch of f'ing BS. These retards should be fired for wasting the public's money and resources.

This would be the first time that I've ever heard of someone getting arrested with nothing more than a picture as evidence. And although it's obvious what he's doing in the picture, there's no admissible or condemning hard evidence in it. And whatever charges could potentially be levied against him would hardly be worth the trial that they would have to execute.

One thing about a drug trial is that if you can't produce evidence (i.e. drugs that were confiscated from an individual), then you have NO case.