Phelps is a pot head

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

i completely agree with you there. Stupid move to knowingly ruin your future income stream like that. Not like you can make millions in swim meets.

BFD= big F**king deal.

2. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

There are worse things in the world than pot.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They are all dangerous. The most important factor in driving is reaction time. How quickly can you hit the brake when that kid runs out in front of you. Can you avoid the idiot in your lane coming around the curve? If you are buzzing on Bud Lite or mellowed by a doobie or yakking about nothing on the phone, chances are you will get in trouble in an emergency.
    In other words, regardless of the degree of difficulty, they are all bad and I'd prefer not to share the road with people who are less than sharp.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I agree with SabanFan... I just want to play "Red" in this conversation and say prove it.:grin: Not to be an ass, I just think it would be an interesting read.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

As far as IQ, I have wondered if he is syndromic for a while. As a pediatrician, I have noticed that he has a long, thin face, prominent ears, a long, slender body with long fingers. These are hallmark findings for several syndromes, some of which are assoc. w/ low IQ. Just interesting, not much to do about it at this point. Certainly, smoking pot will enhance any IQ deficiency.

As far as marijuana is concerned, I remember when I was at LSU, just about every swimmer I met smoked pot. Many lived in Hatcher/Hodges, so I got to know quite a few. I rationalized that swimming was an individual, somewhat lonely sport with everything riding on trial times, so somewhat pressure filled, and the pot served as a outlet. Don't know if in fact pot circulates amongst the serious swimming crowd or not, just an observation that I made at LSU. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case for many competitive swimmers, however.

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i have no idea. but one of the biggest smokers i used to know was on the tulane swim team at the time.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

maybe when you're sport is that boring, you need something to do to make it all meaningful.

:yelwink2:

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

he can get endorsements from high times magazine, chong bongs, maybe mark emery, norml the national organization for reforming marijuana laws.

i think its pretty cool that an olympian medalist, especially someone who dominated is a pot head. it gives me hope that one day they will see that marijuana laws are stupid.

1 person likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

what does it matter when you are driving 2 miles an hour?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

By then you'll be all grown up and telling your kids to stay off the weed.