Phelps is a pot head

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2009.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Its not that he is smoking, it is the fact that there is a picture. Big difference from a marketing standpoint. Lucky for him this came out on Super Bowl weekend.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is true but it won't save him.

Every endorser will drop him and he'll have to get a job as a grocery store clerk. I suspect that would be the extent of his skill level.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

They've actually proven that talking on a cellphone (hands free or not) while driving is wayyy more dangerous than drinking and driving. And being high & driving is less dangerous than drinking & driving.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I understand, just making your point. I try not to take too much personal when it comes to discussions on message boards. I hope no one takes my posts that way. Sometimes it's hard to come across the way you mean to when it's just words on a board.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I hear Zig Zag is looking for a new face to pitch its papers!!!:D:D:D

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Now, now folks, lets all play nice ! :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_Ly6wLrsA&feature=related[/MEDIA]

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"I don't know mon, its been all down hill for me."[

[​IMG]

8. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I'll be shocked if he loses any endorsements over this. There is a ton of good will in the sports industry for this guy, and given his age and the magnitude of his accomplishments and the casual attitude toward pot here and overseas (and a lot of his endorsements are targeted at foreign markets), what he did isn't enough to get him kicked to the curb.

And if it were (which I doubt), he won't end up bagging groceries. He's lucky to live in Baltimore, and he's been hugely supportive of the city, investing a lot of his time and money here; Baltimore loves its hometown sports heroes, especially those that return the loyalty. People here love the guy as much as they did Unitas and as much as they do Cal Ripkin; the guy will never pay for another beer or buy another meal in his life (or buy his own pot) if he doesn't want to, not so long as he lives here.

I'm lucky enough to have met the kid on more than one occasion, and I've worked with a couple of people who know him well. He's not the brightest bulb, that's for sure, but he's not necessarily dumb, either. Just a normal kid, who is also incredibly nice, and under a bigger microscope than most because of his athletic achievements.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Its even worse that its a big BONG. He looks like a seasoned smoker with that monster bong in his hands.

I dont think this ruins him but he certainly loses a lot.

10. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I got three words for ya'll......

Puff, Puff, Pass!

:thumb: