Phelps is a pot head

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2009.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

speaking of which, maybe he can parlay this into instructional videos and seminars. :hihi:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT1ORiJjKgs[/media]

sorry i couldnt find a good vid of this song.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It wouldn't be treated different but it should be. You could kill an innocent person driving DWI. If you smoke a joint you might eat more than your fair share of the chips and dip. Please tell me you see the difference.

1 person likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm not saying that we should "view" pot smoking negatively or positively or whatever, but what I am saying is that the view of the companies that endorse him view it very negatively and won't allow Mr. Phelps to represent their products because of it. Mr Phelps not realizing that or thinking he could get away with it makes him a dumbass.

It had nothing to do with smoking pot.

4. TwistedTiger

I agree 100%

I disagree 100%. It had everything to do with smoking pot. That's like saying Cecil Collins attempted rape had nothing to do with him being kicked off the LSU football team.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm just saying replace it with offenses that are viewed in the same light (e.g., DWI) and you got yourself in the same situation. You just phucked yourself out of millions.

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...el-Phelps-caught-with-bong-cannabis-pipe.html

7. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

There is no difference if you use your argument. If you smoke weed and drive you are just as impaired as driving while drunk. You reaction time is decreased. Either of these while driving should land your ass in jail.

8. TwistedTiger

No one said anything about smoking weed and driving, he compared smoking weed to getting a DWI. Remember to read the question before you answer. I think everyone realizes a DWI is a DWI no matter what drug you are impaired by.

9. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Then comparing simply smoking weed to driving while intoxicated has obvious flaws. The whole apples and oranges thing since you are removing the vehicle component which just makes the argument ridiculous. Either way Phelps is an idiot. If you choose to do things clearly illegal and get pictures of it on the internet you deserve to suffer the wrath of those spending money to endorse you. This is not an argument about the legality but the fact that what he did was stupid enough to cost him money. If you disagree with it being illegal then by all mean lobby to have the laws changed. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

*Edit* This wasn't directed at you TT but to the post in general.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Perception is reality people. Nobody wants a pothead or a perceived pothead pimping their product its that simple. You can argue until you are blue in the face about whether people should smoke dope, thats a completely different issue. We have another forum for that one.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.