Perspective, have a dose

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by QBLuke, Sep 5, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

LSU played poorly in the second half, this much is undeniable. That was an embarrassing, frustrating and uncomfortable way to win a game, this is also undeniable.

But guess what? It could have been so much worse.

Oklahoma beat Utah f'n State by a TD, 31-24...Utah State. Not a shorthanded top 25 team, Utah State.

Ole Miss lost to Jacksonville State 49-48. Jacksonville State. Not a shorthanded top 25 team, Jacksonville State.

Florida had 14 yards of total offense in a half against Miami of Ohio, and 26 yards going into the 4th.....Miami of Ohio. Not a shorthanded top 25 team, Miami of Ohio.

Sure, nobody's proud of that 2nd half performance, but LSU doesn't play in a vacuum. If you kept up with any other games this weekend, you'd know how much worse off it could have been.

We could have, I don't know, lost? Wouldn't that have sucked even more?

So count your blessings and move on. There's a lot to work on, but there were a lot of positives to take away as well. We got our best two athletes the ball as often as you can (250 return yards for PP and two TDs for Shep, that's a dream scenario), our QB and our stud sophomore WR connected on a beautiful deep ball, and we stopped the run effectively.

If I were to tell you going into the game that we'd get two TDs from Shepard, a long TD from Randle, and 250 return yards from Peterson, everyone would have taken that deal on the spot.

So, uh, to half of you out there, stop being such whiney punks. Either support the team you have or find a new one.

6 people like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't give a flip about Florida, OU, or anyone else besides LSU.

This team has serious coaching issues.

Florida looking bad against Miami OH is not going to help solve that.

2 people like this.
  3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Well considering we play Ole Miss and Florida every year, I'd say both of them looking worse than us to start the year is a good thing. Many are pointing to last night's game as a reason why we'll struggle in the SEC West.

All I'm saying is sometimes, college players don't play to their best. Coaches don't fumble, miss field goals or commit penalties.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes, we sucked too.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If going into the game I would have known that we'd see the same sht that we saw last year it wouldn't have hurt as much. It was too much to hope that what we've seen in the recent past is the anomaly. I had my hopes up, and Miles dashed them again. Stupid me.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Totally agree! It wasn't pretty in the second half, but I ain't willin' to give the "W" back. It would be MUCH WORSE talking about an LSU loss today! Just think about what's goin' on in Oxford today. Also, look how many young freshman, rs freshman played last night. And some of them played a lot! That's going to help out a lot in the long run. That experience and trial by fire is going to make those young kids better.

Also, those kids for UNC who played in place of the suspended players weren't scout squad players. They were good, talented and were playing with sky high emotion and a "we got nothin' to lose attitue". In many ways they were close to the same level of the starters, just like our #2's are. Those weren't scrubs playing for UNC last night. And their QB played the game of his life as well.

Again, the second half wasn't pretty. But before everybody slashes their wrist lets see how much improvement gets made between now & the Vandy game. :LSU231:

7. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Give it up Izzy, the pumpers will NEVER see just how poorly coached we are.

They refuse to see the exact same problems this team has every year.

Let them enjoy their mediocrity.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

And you can enjoy being miserable every time we win. What a crap life that must be.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Amen.

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

You're right. Everyone should dwell on the wins as bad as the losses and do nothing but trash the team and the coaches all of the time. It doesn't make much sense since football is supposed to be an enjoyable past time, but what the hell?

1 person likes this.