Penn State, loss of institutional control and the death penalty

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Wildcard, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Wildcard

Wildcard Veteran Member

The NCAA is responsible for policing collegiate athletics and you say "it definitely doesn't belong here"? Well where does it belong?

I'm no NCAA lover and most people's problems with the NCAA stems from the appearance of favoritism and an unequal application of the rules but of course it's the NCAA's business. That doesn't mean that they take priority over the legal aspects but at some point the NCAA will take action.

2. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Let's say it did happen like that and Sandusky ran off. If he took the child with him, then McQueary did nothing and might as well have tiptoed out. So did McQueary leave the child behind? Did he bring him to JoePa? What did he do with the victim?

I think that scenario, if true, raises a lot more questions.

3. Wildcard

Wildcard Veteran Member

You can make that argument for every NCAA punishment but it's just the way it is.
    The crime will be handled by the legal establishment but that doesn't mean they won't also be handled by the NCAA with regard to Penn State's participation in collegiate athletics. Two completely separate situations stemming from the same incident.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dude, what NCAA regulation was broken? That's all that they have the authority to regulate.

Why do you think the NCAA did nothing about the Shady's bar fight incident? Because it is not their job and they have no authority.

5. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

If you can find an NCAA rule that was violated, then I'll agree with you.

This is a criminal case, it does not involve collegiate athletics but the coaches of said athletics who committed crimes unrelated to the game itself or any aspect of the game. At least that's the way I see it.

ETA: They can issue a statement condemning the actions of the coaches, but I don't see how they can impose any sort of disciplinary action against the University.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I read the report. It states that McQueary saw the rape and left immediately to call his dad. He did nothing to stop it and there is no mention of what happened between Sandusky and the boy after McQueary saw them. Based on what I read McQueary is as guilty as any of the others for not intervening.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Ew Ew...Mr. Kotter- let's ask Lane Kiffen.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Flawed logic and argument. In that case, why should all USC football players suffer for Bush?

In any case, football isn't and shouldn't be a concern....

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Yep. Just because something happens at a university doesn't make it only university business. That's like saying because something happens at walmart it's walmart business.
    How can this man look at himself in the mirror or look at his kids and know he didn't stop that man from sodomizing that little boy. What a complete Woosey looser pos.

10. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member