Penn State, loss of institutional control and the death penalty

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Wildcard, Nov 10, 2011.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That’s a load of chit....

A helpless kid got passed up by MEMBERS of the football program…….

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The assistant that caught the little boy being raped should have jumped on the rapist and attempted to beat his head in right off the bat. The first thing you do is stop the rape of the boy. Then call the cops before anyone else and make sure the naked mf in the showere didn't get dressed, clean up or leave the scene. Protect the child, beat the rapist half to death, call the cops, go back and beat rapist until cops get there.
    Because this assistant didn't do this, he should be labeled a child rapist himself and sent to prison where child rapist aren't very well liked and get a healthy dose of their own medicine. He's just as guilty for not trying to stop the rape as the rapist himself.

1 person likes this.
  3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Man, chill.

What do you want the NCAA to do? Build a gallows and execute the entire AD and upper administration?

The death penalty simply places severe restrictions on recruiting and postseason play. The point is that the fallout from this case will turn Penn State's recruiting into scorched earth all on its own, without the NCAA lifting a finger.

Right now, this is a matter for the attorney general's office and police to sort out. If the NCAA really wants to make an example of Penn State, they can wait until the dust settles.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why chill, Pen St needs punishment from all ends.

This chit doesn’t fly and anyone who is anyone needs to drop a hammer on them…
    Seriously…

5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Red is right. 100%

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Is Penn state a state owned college and subject to the government of Pennsylvania like lsu is to Louisiana ? If so, can't and shouldn't the governor get involved. I would think in Louisiana there would be congressional investigations.

7. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

This.

For all the crying people do when the NCAA tries to stick its nose where they think it doesn't belong, I say it definitely doesn't belong here. And I bet they have no desire to be involved in this situation.

Penn St. will get more than it can handle from the police and possibly the Feds.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If this dude was pimping kids to boosters I would bet the FBI gets involved. We also have money changing hands. Money not taxed. There is lots of things to investigate.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course. NCAA regulates college sports, not police matters or criminal issues. This crime did not give PSU any kind of recruiting edge, quite the contrary.

What is the problem? They perp has been caught, the people responsible have been fired or indicted or both. The university is going to end up paying 300 million settling lawsuits. The truth is going to come out.

Why should the current PSU football players who had nothing to do with this have their careers ended? Why should the next coach who had nothing to do with this have to suffer NCAA penalties?

This crime is for the courts to settle, not the NCAA.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I haven't read the grand jury testimony, but if what I've heard on ESPN is correct, then both Sandusky and the child saw McQueary when he stumbled upon them. I'm assuming Sandusky got out of there as quickly as possible therefore by stumbling onto the situation, that particular instance of rape ended. Can anyone who has read the grand jury report verify this? The point is, I don't think McQueary tiptoed out while the rape continued. That is a small point but an important one.

1 person likes this.