Peetz named as new OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Jan 6, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I was going to post the same article, I just saw that. If Brady is as high on this guy as he sold O, then he should take him if he gets a HC job. One would think.

After 2019, I think O thought E could run Brady’s system after he left. Then there is also the rumor that O couldn’t keep Brady last year because Brady didn’t want to recruit and wanted to coach in the NFL, but like you said, it should be hard to turn down that much money. I have to believe O thought E could handle it.

Lastly, maybe the TAF folks told O, he better go get a Brady disciple or else. Like you said, this could be his last shot. I feel like if he is going to go down, he is going to go down running the offense he wants (Joe Brady’s) and not have another Matt Canada situation on his hands.

Honestly don’t know. I know O puts a lot of stock in sticking with his “coaching tree” be it from Pete Carroll or Sean Payton and now Joe Brady, (I guess.....)

I like Brady’s offense, let’s hope this Peetz fella can run it.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Oh there was no difference in our personnel from 2019 to 2020? Oh and there was some little issues I heard about last year called Covid, record attrition and opt outs. Are you telling me you were expecting 2020 to look like 2019? Lacked Brady? How about lacked Burrow and Burrow's backup Brennan at QB for starters in 2020. How's that for lacking.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  3. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

I think that is a train of thought for many about different systems hither and yon. IMO the thing fans almost never consider is that a system is as much a thought process as it is having said system. I believe for another to step in like that he would need to think like the predecessor as well have a “feel” for the flow of in game calls to excel. It’s a shit load of expectations on any heir apparent. General statement not directed towards your hire.

LSU_4_LIFE and furduknfish like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

For me innovation is key. That is not a factor of creating some formation and play no one has ever seen and then running over and over again in the face of defensive adjustment. Rather, its about timing and personnel on both sides of the ball. That is why simply having a playbook didnt work this year. Behind that is developing your personnel, understanding their strengths, and creating plays that max ability.

XXL TideFan and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Interesting that Brady is getting so much credit for "his" system. I believe it is actually Sean Peyton's system, or the "Saint's Offense" if you will. It appears that we're bringing in guys who are familiar enough with this particular "system," whose ever system it is, to run "it" here again. So, instead of all this hand wringing about whose system it is, let's show a little patience and see what the new guys can do. GEAUX TIGERS!

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If you have the right personnel and committ yourself to an offense whether it be a Sean Peyton/Brady RPO offense or the ancient Notre Dame Box, WingT, Wishbone or Power I it will work assuming you have the right head coach.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

What's in a name...

8. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Ahhh shit....maybe I worded my thought poorly. Forget system it’s all over CFB as it is. Let’s use a Stradervarius violin. Put in someone’s hands at The Grand Ol Opry and they will saw out a rousing or sad rendition of a country song but that’s not what that violin was made for. Put it in the hands of a concert violinist and you can hear and feel the difference even more so with a virtuoso violinist. I don’t watch pro ball so I can’t say anything about Peyton with any credibility. Brady, Sark, Kiffen are virtuoso OC’s. Any better? Another virtuoso is needed here as well as Ttown.

Perple likes this.
  9. msully

msully Founding Member

Caroline Panters lost 11 games this season . That is not a 500 season . But there is a big difference here @ LSU. He will will be great with our QB's

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Dont know anything about this guy, other than the little that's been written about him. Although he is an underwhelming hire, he might just find his niche here in Baton Rouge.

unclenick likes this.