Peetz named as new OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Jan 6, 2021.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Bingo! On my one prediction.

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Was hoping for an Offensive Coordinator, with a system. But I don't hate this guy. Plus he's been at 14 jobs in 15 years. Apparently quite the salesman..

Perple likes this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

He was an analyst at Bama 2 seasons. From what I’ve heard he had a lot to do with Tua’s development (could be fact, could be fiction). He also helped coach Derek Carr in Oakland to 3 pro bowls, helped coach McCaffery in Carolina and was hand selected by Josh McDaniels to be his OC before turning down the Colts HC job. I’m not screaming home run hire, but I’ll give him a chance before I shit all over him. May have never called a play, but no OC in the history of the sport called a play before taking an OC job......... Brady never called a play before LSU, that worked out well.

Lastly, did Mangas ever coach at Baylor? I believe you’re thinking of Munoz.

kcal, Winston1 and furduknfish like this.
  4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I say give the guys a chance, before beating them up. Orgeron made a change..... imagine the clucking from you guys if he hadn’t....

Perple, Hou-duco, tzanghi and 3 others like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

He was an assistant working his way up the ranks. 3 of those jobs were internal promotions with the Raiders, in which he eventually lost his job when the HC was fired. After that Saban welcomed him back with open arms until he landed another gig and then those 2 jobs were with the Panthers. In essence he spent 5 of the last 6 years with just 2 organizations. You’re exaggerating to sell him short. Give the dude a chance. He isn’t even on campus yet.

tzanghi likes this.
  6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

• Alabama (2018) Offensive analyst - wikipedia
    • Yes, Mangus was at Baylor in 2020
    • Brady designed the friggin plays @LSU. Who called them is irrelevent.
    Correction: Peetz worked for Alabama back in 2013.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

Analyst at Bama in 2013 & 2018

Mangas was with the Carolina Panthers in 2020. Brady took him with him when left. Mangas actually HAS called plays.

Aranda took Munoz to Baylor in 2020 and fired him after 1 year.

Its Brady’s offense that O wants ran. He will fall on that sword if need be. It’s his team and that’s the offense he wants.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Yep, the Mangas thing does makes more sense than Munoz. Got the names mixed up, edited out Mangas/Munoz mix up in my original post.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

Couple things here. If Brady only designed the plays and it’s irrelevant who calls them, then why get rid of E? Why worry about Peetz never calling plays?

Unless Brady took the playbook with him, which I doubt. I firmly believe his offense is still at LSU.

I Imagine it’s Brady that O wants, but he can’t have. So maybe bringing in an OC who has a better understanding of Brady’s plays and system is the next best thing?

It’s gamble either way. You bring in this guy who Brady has said can run his system and give him a chance. Or you bring in another OC who brings their own system with them.

I’d gamble on the system that brought us 2019 before an offensive overhaul.

Perple likes this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Oeaux had to have a blood bath style mass firing to save his own skin.
    E is still just floating around, since 2010, now just as an analyst. @Kikicaca says E's aging like a fine wine. As long as he's in the cellar. Someone's gotta make the BBQ though. My guess OL corch James Cregg.

Why reassign E? A normal coach would want to clear tge path for a new inovative Offensive Coordinator & staff. No need for the excess baggage of an aging old QB, tagged an OC. To make more clear, E was cock blocking the way for a real good & innovative OC. That's why we dont have Brady now. We coud have offered him $2.5 million & he's not making that right now. At least until he signs a HC contract. People almost always take the money first, over their "Dreams". Even the ones that run their mouth the most & loudest, go money first.

Then there is this:
    https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2021/01/06/lsu-football-fans-rooting-joe-brady-right-now/

Good point, Peetz could be the next Brady type or clone, using Bradys playbook. Here's my question, why didn't Orgeron have this same Brady clone epiphany when Scott Linehan was hired? Shouldn't he have seen this coming like most everyone else?

My opinion is this guy might be great ir not, but nobody can run the Brady system like Brady. So right off the bat, were settling.

If Brady was serious in that article, our new OC could end up being Mangas, until he is fired. That or take E outta moth balls..

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Perple likes this.