Open Championship

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 19, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

I see John Rollins is in the Top 10 now with his win in the BC Open

I can not believe he got more points for that win, then DiMarco got for his 2nd place finish yesterday

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Saw that on the Golf Channel last night and was equally surprised.

The 7 - 10 positions as of today are JJ Henry, Zach Johnson, Brett Wetterich, & John Rollins. You and I follow the Tour pretty close and know who they are but the casual golf fan doesn't. Something tells me that those four names don't exactly strike fear into Captain Woosnam and his team.

If those four make our team, the other 8 are going to have to suck it up and play all of the best ball and alternate shot matches. I just can't see Tom sending any of those guys out until Sunday.

3. clair

clair Rockets

i'd rather see Love, Couples, Herron, Verplank, Jerry Kelly, Ben Curtis, Stewart Cink, even Jeff Maggert over the guys in the bottom of the lineup... hell, i'd rather see tom lehman than some of those guys! :)

Zach Johnson can play with anyone on any given day, but he hasn't ever done anything on a big stage

as of right now, Europe's last qualifiers are Paul Broadhust, and Johan Edfors, so I don't know much about these guys.

Broadhurt has played in America a few times, but I assume these guys are strictly European Tour players

4. clair

clair Rockets

Jerry Kelly is the big mover this week with his 2nd place finish. I'm sure Lehman and the gang are praying he, and some of the other regulars make the team out-right

5. COTiger

Kelly needs another high Top 10 finish, preferably in the PGA where the points are doubled to have a shot.

I see DT's entered in the Buick tournament this week. He needs to find his A game in a hurry. With those four unknowns in the 7 - 10 spots, Lehman needs a healthy DT.

6. clair

clair Rockets

I wonder if the Mickelson/DiMarco team will be as dominant as they have been in the past.

They have been easily the best American 4-some team

7. COTiger

Are you thinking of the Presidents Cup with DiMarco & Mickelson being paired together? I remember in the last Ryders Cup Sutton paired Woods & Mickelson together a couple of matches which was a disaster.

8. clair

clair Rockets

Tiger picks up much-needed Ryder Cup points for himself :grin:

His swing is so smooth right now.

The courses seem like Par 68's to him.

9. COTiger

He was hitting on all 8 cylinders this week. I think I heard the announcers say he only missed one green today. Quickest to 50 wins by a long shot.

Will be interesting to see the updated Ryder Cup standings in the morning, particularly any movement in the 7-15 positions.

10. clair

clair Rockets

the only green missed was a fringe, too