Open Championship

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 19, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

i hope that someday my job is to talk in-depth about all 3 major sports lol

but back to the '4th sport', Tiger was locked in again today

this may be a 3 dog race already: Tiger, Els, and Goosen

DiMarco hasn't been in contention enough this year to last all week

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He's back. DiMarco got within one on a couple of occasions, but each time he did, Tiger stepped on the pedal and pulled away. With the exception of DiMarco the rest of the chasers (Els, Garica, Furyk, etc.) were never in it.

3. clair

clair Rockets

I can't think of a professional athlete that is more of a class act than Tiger Woods.

He had to back away from "picture-phones" literally upward to 100 times today, and he never lost his cool.

After the tournament in his speech, he emphasized a couple of times how great DiMarco played, and how difficult he made it for him, then he said that he wished the best for he and his family.

All-in-all, just a good guy

4. COTiger

Yeah, but Stevie did :hihi:

The R&A needs to rethink their crowd control procedures before next years Open. Up until recently the UK fans were known for their class & knowledge. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

Just checked PGA Tour stats and they have the current Ryder Cup standings posted. DiMarco made a huge leap from 21st to 6th. You know Lehman breathed a sigh of relief knowing he wouldn't have to use a Captain's pick to take Chris.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

There was also the purple paint throwing incident on the 18th "green" (can't call that grass there green) right before Tiger was making his shot to it.

As for his win, it was difficult to watch his emotion at the end and not get teary eyes too.

6. COTiger

I suspect we weren't alone.

7. clair

clair Rockets

as it stands now, I suppose Couples and Love III will be the 2 captain's picks for the Cup

I always thought Daly would be a fantastic captain's pick, b/c in the team matchups, you can pair him with the most accurate, safe player, and just let him bomb away, and play as aggressive as he can.

he'll win you 5-6 holes with his agressiveness, and if he hits a bad shot, who cares, because his partner still has a chance to save him

8. COTiger

You can take it to the bank, JD will not be a Captain's pick. He's just too damned inconsistent. You couldn't play him in the alternate shot.

I'm not real excited about DLIII & Freddie as Captain's picks. On the plus side they both have significant Ryder Cup experience. On the negative side Freddie's back is a major question mark and DLIII has just been too inconsistent also. Other than his runner up finish in the match play he hasn't been a factor. His last W was three years ago.

I suspect Lehman might take on of them, but not both. I look for a Cink or Verplank to be the other pick unless someone else really gets hot in the next few weeks like a Lumpy Herron.

9. clair

clair Rockets

Love and Freddy are both right there, and may qualify straight-up for the competition

Daly wouldn't be an alternate shot guy, but he could be a force in the 4-ball contests, and the sunday 1-1

10. COTiger

There are only four tournaments left before the selection cut off. I just can't see Freddie & DLIII playing well enough to both make it. One maybe, but not both IMO.

I love JD, but I don't think Lehman could take a chance risking which JD would show up. If he showed up with his A game he would probably win some points. If he didn't have his A game he might get shut out.