Open Championship

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jul 19, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

so, the Open Championship begins tommorrow

Who you all got?

i'll take Tiger. At his last event, he was playing those little 'knock-down' shots beautifully, and rumor has it, he won't have a driver in the bag at all this week, so i think he will be out of the rough more often than not

for the sleeper, i'd take Adam Scott... this guy has to win a big tournament someday

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

john daly

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Predicting the winner of a golf tournament is like counting the number of marbles in a jar.

Having said that, I'll go Vijay, though I'll be rooting for Tiger.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what a shock, vanilla ice.

ill take jose maria if hes in the mix although i do like that little lefty from canada, mike weir who i like to root for.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

How much time, a day, do you devote to sports? I'm consistently amazed at how much sports info you know....

7. clair

clair Rockets

thanks buddy, and sports have been my life ever since I was a toddler.

That's just how I am...

I really do follow professional sports more than I do college sports, but LSU is my 1st love always.

With that being said, Tiger will win this tournament. Those knock-down shots I talked about yesterday kept him out of trouble, and he just feasted on the 4-5 birdie holes on the course

tommorrow, assuming morning conditions will be damp like today, he can go 7-8 under

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tiger was even through 11 and shifted into gear. His closing (I think) eagle put all of the wannabes on notice. Ain't gonna be missin' no cut, boys. His swing critic, Faldo, shot a 77 while watching Tiger's "problem swing" beat him by 10 strokes. Nick will be back in the booth, telling us what's wrong with Tiger, by Saturday at sunrise.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Tiger looked pretty good today.

I wouldnt be suprised if a guy Like Darren Clarke was near the top when the tourny ends. Also, I think Jimenez has a great chance to win.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah i got to catch some of it at lunch. thats awesome since I didnt even know they were paired til then but i knew how much tiger hates him. the last time someone pissed him off he won 9 and 8, whoever that nobody was.

tiger's putting looks stellar and thats the key. he has no driver in his bag and is simply gonna do like he did today pick his spots while avoiding trouble. phil mickelson are you listening?

when tiger's putting is honed in theres really no way to stop him. thanks nick. one of the announcers called faldo, nicholas the ridiculous.

good to see david duval shooting well. was @ -2 last i saw. hopefully he didnt implode at the end.